Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Altenew meets Stampendous and Stampin' Up! Get Well Card

Oh, my, I have a mish mosh of stamps going on today. Before I show you my card, I want you to see how it should NOT look! 


I used the Altenew Cross Stitch Flower Stamp Set because I wanted to enter Altenew's Ultimate Challenge Blog Hop and the Altenew August 2021 Inspiration Challenge. First the challenge inspiration and then a photo of the stamp set.

 


Since my first try was a fail, I tried the colors in the upper right corner of the inspiration photo and here is the result.

For this card, Altenew takes center stage, Stampendous upstage and SU stage left! 

The  was NOT easy to line up, I have to be honest! I was so nervous I made a smudge. What to do? Get the sponge out and sponge the whole front! 

I happened to have a new House Mouse stamp from Stampendous called "Martini Mice" on my desk. I thought how much would it be like a mouse to want to get into a martini glass that had a flower in it. Well, the mouse didn't care about the flower or the martini, he wanted the olive! But, to get to the olive, he had to drink some of the martini so he turned a little bit green around the gills! I love these mice! 

The "Feel Better Soon" is a stamp from the retired Harvest Hello Stamp Set. I made this for a friend who is under the weather. She let me borrow her Altenew stamp set. It's the first time I used that set and the first time for the mice so I'm also entering my card at NBUS #29 - Never Before Used Stuff.

For the inside I used the Altenew stamp set for the sentiments and the butterfly image, again cross stitch, still not aligned perfectly. I know it can be done and I will conquer this set before I return it! When you get it lined up, you can cross stitch on it. That's my goal!! I just need to rewatch a couple of videos. There is also a die set that goes with it and I will try that on my next card.

My corners are punched with the Detailed Trio Punch.


Anyway, my friend called to thank me for the card and felt I had done a much better job than she had. She is kind!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our weekly Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! That makes for a wonderful combination and your meeses are so cute. I love House Mouse too, need to get mine out again.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, cute card. Love the flower in the martini glass and those cute mice. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...