Monday, April 20, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Blossoms Wedding Card

Welcome to another Monday Makeover. A few days ago I made this card.

Today I still used the Forever Blossoms Stamp Set but it went from a birthday card to a wedding card. I just love this stamp! I'm pretty sure they are cherry tree flowers. Julie will know! She's a Master Gardener...but I'll accept anyone else's opinion too.


There is Blackberry Bliss in the DSP strip on this card and Purple Posy but the inside is stamped in Highland Heather thus I had the wrong color for last Thursday's color challenge. 

I colored the flowers with my Light and Dark Purple Posy Blends and the leaves with my Light and Dark Mossy Meadow Blends. The sentiment from the Forever Lovely Stamp Set is stamped in Blackberry Bliss on thick Whisper White Card Stock. It is cut out with one of the dies from Stitched So Sweetly. I adhered the left half only with half Dimensionals. I added three Old Olive rhinestones from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones.

A Child's Garden of Verses

"Up into the cherry tree
Who should climb but little me"
from Foreign Lands

The inside sentiment is from Forever Blossoms as are the flowers. I had adhered my Purple Posy piece on the right before I colored the flowers on the front. Thus, I had to cut another piece to cover up the bleed through and let it hang 1/8" off the edge. It worked out okay because now there is room on the right side for a personal message.


Thank you for stopping by today and please come back tomorrow...I'll have another wedding card for you.

Card Cuts:

Thick Whisper White: 7 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" on the 7 1/2" side
Purple Posy: 3 1/4" x 5 1/2" (2)
DSP Strip: 1" x 5 1/2"
Scrap Thick Whisper White for Sentiment

Partial List of Supplies:

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love these flowers and they're especially nice with the gingham accent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card, love that floral image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blossoms and the shaped sentiment and checked paper make this a great card - and so lovely that it matches a verse. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - in side and out! Really a pretty image too. Thanks so much for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...