Sunday, April 19, 2020

Stampin' Up! Tropical Happy

My card today is one that I made while binge watching my teammates create cards with the Ornate Garden Suite yesterday on FB live. If you didn't get to see it, check this out! What a wonderful Saturday it was! I will probably be binge posting Ornate Garden cards all next week! But for now, let's go with the Tropical Oasis SuiteMy inspiration came from Leonie Stuart.



I'm playing with the colors at Just Add Ink #501.



and Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe JOSTTT016



For the JOSTTT, I did from top to bottom diagonal, top left to bottom, center top to bottom, top right to bottom diagonal, bottom left to right, top left to right, the only one I missed was the "Fussy Cut"! Darn, I could have covered the entire card and gone "Bingo"...lol...but we are playing Tic Tac Toe!!

My card base is Melon Mambo, with a layer of Mango Melody and then a layer of DSP from the Tropical Oasis DSP.

After adhering those layers together, I adhered a piece of Burlap Trim Ribbon to it. Then I adhered a piece of Pool Party Card Stock which I cut out with a die from Sweetly Stitched Dies and embossed with the Coastal Weave EF. 

To that I adhered the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays. That is stamped in Soft Suede, Versa Mark, then sprinkled with Clear Embossing Powder and heat set. Wow, that was not easy getting that lined up because I had already cut it with the smallest die from the Layering Circles Dies before stamping. It looks cool IRL. I adhered that to the embossed rectangle with half Dimensionals (my team leaders will get that!)

I stamped the Frangipanis from the Timeless Tropical Stamp Set with the ink that came in the suite, colored them with Light Cajun Craze, Light Lovely Lipstick, Dark So Saffron and Light Daffodil Delightful Blends.  I cut them out with a die from In the Tropics.

Okay, I need to refresh my mind about where I'm going here...

Ah, yes, I cut the flowers out and adhered them to the Pool Party rectangle...BUT, I adhered the leaves after I did a dry run of how they'd look. It was a done deal and I adhered the gems as centers on the flowers. As an after thought, I added one of the Tropical Oasis trinkets using a glue dot.

If you have any questions, ask away. I hope you enjoyed my project;  I had a great time creating it!

Measurements:


Base: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Solid Mat: 4" x 5 1/4"
DSP Mat: 3 3/4" x 5"
Rectangle: 3" x 4 3/4"
Scrap White for oval and flowers
Scrap Garden Green for leaves
Ribbon: 5 1/4"

Partial Product List

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card! Love the tropical images. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - this is so pretty!! Love love love this Suite!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card! Love the colors that you chose to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colours work well with the colours in the Inspiration pic. I really like the texture of the Basket Weave Embossing. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tropical vibe of this card and you have used the colours and textures from our inspiration pic perfectly. Thanks for joining in this week at Just Add Ink. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah very nearly a Bingo! What a gorgeous card and I love that embossing folder in that colour - Thanks for joining us at #josttt016 this month - hope to see you again next month as we have a special give-away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at #JOSTTT016 this month with such a gorgeous entry. I love those bright summer colours, the DSP is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely card, Karen. I adore where your inspiration came from... Leonie's such a sweetheart!!! Thanks for participating in the #JOSTTT016 challenge this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Angie, for taking the time to leave a comment on behalf of JOS.

      Delete
  9. What a great summery card! Love it! And awesome job completing the whole grid! Thanks for joining us at JOSTTT this month. Xx

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2417 Theme Challenge

Here is what I created for our theme challenge today... This is the inspiration for our theme... Our sponsor for this week's challenge i...