Saturday, April 18, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Blossoms Birthday Card

Those of you who know me, know that my favorite color is purple. When I was preparing my card for Thursday's Happy Inkin' blog hop, I used the wrong color on my card so I ended up with three cards with only one having the right color for the challenge.

Here's one and the other will be posted Monday.


I had used Gorgeous Grape and Purple Posy! No Blackberry Bliss to be found!


The flower image is from the Forever Blossoms Stamp Set. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with my Light and Dark Highland Heather Blends and my Light and Dark Old Olive Blends. It's stamped directly on a piece of Thick Whisper White Card Stock. Any of you who color with the Blends knows it bleeds through so I took a piece of Purple Posy Card Stock and adhered it to the back, letting it hang about 1/8" off the edge. The Happy Birthday is stamped in Highland Heather. The stamp is from Good Morning Magnolia.

I added two Old Olive rhinestone jewels from the Noble Peacock Rhinestones.

I'm playing at Aud Sentiments #249 today in celebration of their 10th birthday.

A strip of Gorgeous Grape DSP is adhered to the inside right edge of the card base.

The inside is not finished as I am waiting for the new Annual Catalog to come out to see what new birthday items Stampin' Up! has.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a good weekend.

Card Cuts:


  • Thick Whisper White: 7 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" on the 7 1/2" side
  • Purple Posy: 3 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • DSP Strip: 1" x 5 1/2"
Partial List of Supplies:

6 comments:

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2417 Theme Challenge

Here is what I created for our theme challenge today... This is the inspiration for our theme... Our sponsor for this week's challenge i...