Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Stampin' Up! Peaceful Moments Sympathy Card for Amy's Inkin' Krew Monthly Blog Hop

Welcome to our monthly hop. Our theme for this month is "Celebrate Summer" and we can interpret that any way we want and use any product we wish. I have done that so be prepared. Here is what I created for it...
 

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

My card base is Lemon Lolly Cardstock with a mat of Basic Black. The daisies are a black and white digital from Power Poppy and I just colored the centers with my Light Lemon Lolly Stampin Blends.

The sentiment from the retired Peaceful Moments Stamp Set is stamped in Lemon Lolly on Basic White and punched out with the Double Oval Punch. That punch was used for the Basic Black scalloped mat. as well.

I tied a strand of Basic Black Baker's Twine around the daisies and adhered everything together with liquid glue. The sentiment is adhered to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the inside, I used another retired stamp set for the sentiment...Thoughts & Prayers (one I'll never part with!).

I know this is a dichotomy of celebrating summer and celebrating hope springs eternal, but it's summer here in SWFL (most of the time) and I just lost a close friend who loved yellow and daisies. This card is for her husband. I hope I haven't made you sad. She loved Jesus so she is where she wanted to be and she and I want you to celebrate the life she lived on earth with the upcoming summer date...June 21. Peace to you, "Red".

Thank you for stopping by today. Clicking on the "Next" button will take you to TOK ("the other Karen), and clicking on the "Previous" button will take you to Amy Koenders. Clicking on the individual names will take you directly to each member's post. Trust me, you're in for a treat no matter what direction you hop!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen :) Love those daisies and the black & white with just a little color

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful sympathy card popping with summer cheer - sure to bring a smile and a moment of comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen! Love the floral image and the colors are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, Karen! I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your good friend. Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I was cleaning out my photos today in iCloud and came across a pic of us when we went out to dinner. It brought back fun memories.

      Delete
  5. Lovely card, that is sure to bring hope and peace to your friend's husband. Thank you for sharing the story behind the card. And, hugs to you for the loss of your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie. I appreciate your comment more than you know, SFAM ;-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Bistro Burger Birthday Card

Good morning, peeps. I bet a lot of you are glad it's Friday. Since the weekend is arriving, perhaps you'll be having a picnic? Want...