Thursday, June 15, 2023

Stampin' Up! Bottled Happiness Birthday for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop.


Have you guessed what the theme is? Let's see if you are right...

Let's take a closer look at my card, shall we?


I was inspired by Jackie vanderSar-Boot (nee Bultje) and you can see her creation here.

Instead of using DSP, I dry embossed a piece of Basic White (4" x 5 1/4") with the Painted Texture 3D EF and sponged it with Misty Moonlight Ink. I cut two strips measuring 7/8" x 5 3/8" and one strip 2 1/4" x 5 3/8".

The card base is a normal A2 cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and scored a 5 1/2". It's Night of Navy cardstock. I cut 1" off from each side of the front, thus leaving the flap which makes it a fun fold and the inside edges exposed.. Then I adhered the above strips to the card base.

Next I stamped the tall wine bottle in Night of Navy Ink second generation and punched it out with the Bottle Punch. I added a Crumb Cake label stamp from the Bottled Happiness Stamp Set and I hand printed "Amos 87" on it because Amos will be 87 June 17. His wife is having a Diner en Blanc party for him Saturday, which I will be attending. It'll be my first one. Have you ever been to one? My friend and I are making the mashed potatoes for 35 people!!!

I stamped a brown bottle and cork from the Bottled Happiness Stamp Set in Crumb Cake Ink and fussy cut them. I stamped the "Wine Not" on the bottle because it's not wine...it's Scotch and Amos likes that too! He and Perry would have Scotch together and now he and his wife drink wine with me!

"Let's Get Into the Spirit" is also from that stamp set. I stamped it in Night of Navy Ink and cut it with a die from the Sending Dies set. 

I adhered everything with liquid glue with the exception of the wine bottle and sentiment. I used Stampin' Dimensionals for those.

and the inside...

I cut a piece of Basic White 2" x 5 3/8" and adhered it to the inside middle of the base. I stamped one of the bottles on it and used  the Bottled Happiness set to stamp "Sending a Little Message" on the bottle. The little message is the "Happy Birthday" from the Go to Greetings Stamp Set.

For the finishing touch, I added three 2023-2025 Boho Blue In Color Dots.

That's it for now peeps. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome card Karen :) LOVE that background DSP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun card design! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous!! Your background looks just like marble - perfect with the wine! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great masculine card for your friend! Love all of the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! Love the sentiments and the fun fold! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is VERY cool! I love the background you created...it is awesome! And the bottles and sentiment are perfect for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Winterly Tree Tops Birthday Card for Creative Creases Challenge #92 - Anything Goes with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waitin...