Sunday, May 8, 2022

Stampin' Up! Blessings of Home Thank You Card

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mother's and to those of you who are mothers to fur babies! I wasn't going to post today but I just had to get that out there!!

Friday at our PEO meeting (are any of my followers members of PEO?) our program was given by a quilter. Her quilts were truly works of art and one of them earned her two blue ribbons. As I said I wouldn't be in the craft room over the weekend, I made a thank you card for her after the meeting . Creating this card reminded me of why I had to take Geometry twice and why I am not a quilter! Take a look see...


I was inspired by Wendy Lee (she inspires me a lot) and I just had to create it for our speaker, who was extremely inspiring. I'm entering my card in the Krafty Chicks Challenge #610 Week 1 - Stamp Act.

My card base is retired Blueberry Bushel Cardstock. The DSP is retired 2018-2020 In Color for the Blueberry Bushel color/pattern. The Garden Green DSP is from the retired Quilted Christmas pack. Measurements are listed below. My mats are Blueberry Bushel.

For the sentiment panel, I used the Blessings of Home Stamp Set and the Party Puffins Stamp Set; both are in the new Annual Catalog. I put the stamps on my Stamparatus and just colored the words I wanted to use and arranged them the way I wanted. In hindsight I wished I had used my retired Quilt Top EF to give the panel texture.

The scalloped Blueberry Bushel circle and Basic White circle are cut with the Layering Circles Dies. The "quilted" star is created using the retired Quilt Builder Framelits Dies.

The embellishments are three 2020-2022 In Color Square Gems (retired) and a bow of white Baker's Twine.

For the inside, I used the star outline and more pieces cut with the above dies.


I hope our speaker likes the design and thank you for stopping by. See you tomorrow!

Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"

Mats: 2 3/4" x 4 1/4"; 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"; scrap for star outline

DSP: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"; 2 5/8" x 4 1/8"; scraps for star pieces and inside outline/pieces

Basic White for sentiment: 2 3/8" x 3 3/8"; 4" x 5 1/4" inner liner


7 comments:

  1. What a perfect card for your speaker, the kind of quilting that doesn't take quite so long! Lovely colors and sure to be appreciated! Thanks for joining us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie, for commenting on behalf of the Krafty Chicks.

      Delete
  2. Super pretty - and totally personal. Which is a perfect reason to be in this Stampin' Up! game, huh!? I love that we can make cards for folks that are "exactly right"! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I've been asked to create 5 more personal ones for her as a gift instead of money!

      Delete
  3. Pretty card, love the colors and the great die cuts! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...