Thursday, March 24, 2022

Stampin' Up! Flowering Rain Boots Friendship Card

 



Welcome to another HITBH! If you came from Sue's site, I'm glad you are continuing the hop. If you haven't then I hope you'll continue to hop using my links below. No matter what, I'm glad you're here. Today we have a theme challenge and here is what I created for it...

and here is our theme...


I used the Flowering Rain Boots Stamp Set and Rain Boots Dies, along with the Color and Contour Stamp Set for my card. My card base is Thick Basic White Cardstock with a panel of In Good Taste Designer Series Paper. I cut a mat of Magenta Madness Cardstock and adhered it to the DSP.

Next, on a piece of Basic White that I cut out with a rectangle from the Stitched Rectangle Dies, I stamped the sentiment from Flowering Rain Boots in Magenta Madness Ink and added Smoky Slate Ink splatters from the Color and Contour Stamp Set. The boots are stamped in Smoky Slate Ink.

Then, I stamped the flowers on scrap Basic White cardstock using Smoky Slate ink. I cut them out with the Rain Boots Dies and colored the flowers with my Light and Dark Magenta Madness Stampin' Blends. Because I went outside the lines, I used my Color Lifter, which only turned the oops into a light pink. So, I took my Blushing Bride Stampin' Write Marker and colored the outside rim. There's usually a fix for everything! I adhered the flowers with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I added three of the 2020-2022 In Color Square Gems and the card front was done.

For the inside I stamped the sentiment in Magenta Madness. I stamped another set of flowers in the reverse colors as the ones on the front. I had an Easter basket leftover from another card (In Good Taste DSP) and adhered it to the card, then placed the die cut flowers on top.

I'm entering my card at The Card Concept Challenge #171 using their photo inspiration of the boots! The style is Clean and Layered.

Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. Thank you for stopping by and hopping with us!

Amy Koenders
Mary Deatherage
Kristi Gray
Jaimie Babarczy
Sue Prather
Karen Finkle -- you are here!
Akiko Sudano
Karen Ksenzakovic
Tara Carpenter
Terry Lynn Bright

25 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great combination of colors! Love those rain boots w/ flowers :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute Karen :) Love the colors and your clean design. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts this week. Karen K DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Karen! Love the layering and the rain boots. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a sweet card with those rain boots and flowers. Perfect for spring weather and card giving time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty pretty pretty! The Magenta Madness is wonderful with the calming grays! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I do like how the gray toned down the brilliant MM.

      Delete
  7. Hi Karen:
    Thank you so much for creating this pretty card to share in our challenge. You were, much like me, inspired by those cute garden boots. This is darling! Thanks so much for playing along with us and sharing your talents at The Card Concept. We love seeing your wonderful creativity.
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT
    The Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen, for commenting on behalf of TCC.

      Delete
  8. Cute! Fun color combo and I love those little embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cute boots with the beautiful blooms and the textured background! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie, for your comment on behalf of TCC.

      Delete
  10. Fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
    CRAFT Challenge Blog
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ginny, for commenting on behalf of C.R.A.F.T.

      Delete
  11. Very pretty card!! Thanks for playing a long in the Krafty Chicks challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tenia, for your comment on behalf of Krafty Chicks.

      Delete
  12. What a sweet spring card! So happy you played along at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Esther, for commenting on behalf of TCC.

      Delete
  13. Karen, this is such a fun image, perfect for the inspiration challenge. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at CRAFT Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...