Sunday, March 20, 2022

Stampin' Up! Celebrate Sunflowers in Support of the Ukraine

Good Sunday morning, peeps! My card today as you can tell from the title involves the Ukraine with a color palette of blue and yellow and sunflowers. The front panel is a digi that I got at Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley. She has offered it for free . She is also doing a fund raiser for the Ukrainians. Check out her site as she has some beautiful digis. The inside sunflower is from the Stampin' Up! Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set. The sentiments are from the Grassy Grove Stamp Set.


My card base is Pacific Point cardstock. I embossed a So Saffron cardstock mat with my Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card front with liquid glue. I printed out the bouquet digi on off white cardstock, stamped the sentiment in Pacific Point ink and ran it through my embossing machine using the debossed side of the same folder. I'm entering my card at the Let's Squash it Challenge #18 - Emboss/Deboss


I colored the digi with Light and Dark Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends.

For the inside, I stamped the sunflower from the Celebrate Sunflowers Stamp Set in Basic Gray ink and colored it with my Light and Dark Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake and Old Olive Stampin' Blends. I stamped the sentiment from Grassy Grove Stamp Set in Pacific Point. I punched the three corners with the Detailed Trio Punch. The Basic White cardstock panel is adhered to the card base with liquid glue.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a great weekend.


20 comments:

  1. Beautifully done Karen and love how you finished the inside too! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    P.S. Did you know your beautiful creation would fit our new challenge blog which is all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS? I hope you’ll come check it out/play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darlene. I took your "P.S." to heart!

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty! I will have to check out that free digi,it's beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I'm getting more comfortable with digis but I still have a long way to go.

      Delete
  3. I just love Marcella Hawley's work and love this card you made with this digital of hers. Ukraine and their brave citizens are in my daily prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully created!! Thank you for joining our fun challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Can You Handle The Pressure}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane, for your comment on behalf of CYHTP.

      Delete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the sentiment and the flowers are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, love how you used the embossing folder both ways! Thanks for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie, for your comment on behalf of MCC.

      Delete
  7. This is just so creative and beautiful! Was GREAT to see again today! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure … we appreciate your support and hope to see you again next challenge!
    Darlene
    CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful card. I love this image and I have it ready for colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely! Great use of the embossing folder and I'm off to find that digi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. Hope have good luck with it!

      Delete
  10. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our "Add a Flower" challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...