Saturday, March 19, 2022

Stampin' Up! Waves of the Ocean Birthday Bridge Fun Fold

Good Saturday morning, peeps! I have a fun fold for you today. This is another card we made during our Quarterly Meeting and my teammate, Karen Ksenzakovic, (TOK)  was the demonstrator. She did an excellent job of presenting!

I started by adhering the 4 smaller panels of Waves of The Ocean DSP to the 4 smaller Basic White mats. I then adhered them to the 4 small panels on the card base using liquid glue. I adhered the longer panel of Waves of The Ocean DSP to the longer Basic White mat and then to the panel of Pacific Point cardstock and set it aside. On the 2″ X 5 1/2″ panel of Basic White cardstock I stamped the pelican image from the Stampin’ Up! Waves of Inspiration Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the image using my Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight and Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends Markers. I cut the image out using my Waves Dies. From the same panel of Basic White cardstock, I cut the 2 cloud images and the detailed cloud images using my Waves Dies. I adhered the detailed cloud die to the bottom of each of the clouds after I had sponged them with Balmy Blue ink. I cut 6 birds from the Basic Black cardstock using the Waves Dies.

Next I cut the panel of Blue Foil Specialty Paper using my Waves Dies. I adhered the wave to the 2 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ panel of Waves of The Ocean DSP. I cut around the wave using my Paper Snips leaving about 1/8″ around the wave. I adhered the wave to the long-layered panel of DSP using Stampin’ Dimensionals only on the bottom.

I stamped the sentiment from the Waves of Inspiration stamp set in Pacific Point Ink on the Basic White panel. I stamped the wave image from the Waves of Inspiration stamp set in Pacific Point Ink on the bottom of the panel. I adhered the cut pelican image to the bottom of the panel using Stampin’ Dimensionals. I adhered the cloud to the top of the panel using Dimensionals. I adhered 3 of the die cut birds around the sentiment using a tiny amount of liquid glue. To adhere the bridge, I used 2 pieces of Tear & Tape on both ends of the bridge. I adhered the left side first, then I folded the card flat and adhered the right side lining it up with the edges.




On the back panel of Basic White cardstock, I stamped the wave image from the Waves of Inspiration stamp set in Pacific Point Ink, stamping it off 3 times. I stamped the sentiment with the same stamp set in Pacific Point ink. I adhered the other cloud to the top of the panel using liquid glue. I adhered the 3 birds using a tiny amount of liquid glue. I adhered the Basic White panel to the back of the card base. Then I adhered three Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels.

I adhered a panel of the Waves of The Ocean DSP to the envelope flap and called it a day!

I'm entering my card at Creative Creases #28 - Anything Goes with a Fun Fold.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are having a fun weekend.

Measurements:

Basic Black Cardstock: 1″ X 4 1/4″ (6 birds)
Basic White Cardstock:  1 1/4″ X 4 1/8″ (4); 1 1/8″ X 5 3/8″; 2 5/8″ X 4 1/8″ (2); 5 1/2″ X 2″ (pelican & clouds)
Pacific Point Cardstock: 8 1/4″ X 4 1/4″ (scored at 1 3/8″, 2 3/4″, 5 1/2″ & 6 7/8″); 1 1/4″ X 5 1/2"
Designer Series Paper: 1 1/8″ X 4″; 1″ X 5 1/4″;  2 1/2″ X 5 1/2″; 2 1/4″ X 6″ (envelope flap)
Blue Foil Specialty Paper 2 3/4″ X 6″

6 comments:

  1. Your card turned out great! So glad that you were able to stamp along with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, I LOVE you bridge card using the "Waves" suite! I've been on the lookout for clever ideas since I bought it, too, and yours is one of the most unique... definitely going to "pin" it to inspire my own creativity!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Karen, this bridge card is perfect for the waves suite of products. I really love the layers you did and your pelican is so cute (my favorite from this stamp set)! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...