Saturday, October 30, 2021

Stampin' Up! Eden's Garden Sympathy Card

Good morning, peeps! Hope your Saturday is starting off on the right foot. My feet went a little backwards this morning as I should have made my card and THEN put the outside furniture back in place. BUT I wanted to take advantage of the weather when the sun wasn't out and it was only 66 degrees! So here's my card a little bit late.


The design was inspired by Sharon Armstrong. I started out with a Soft Succulent card base (5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"). I cut a mat of Evening Evergreen (4" x 5 1/4") and adhered it to the base.

Next I cut three pieces of Ever Eden Designer Series Paper (available 11/2/21). The long strip is 1" x 5", the top left is 2 1/2" x 3 1/4", and the bottom piece is 1 5/8" x 2 1/2". They are adhered with liquid glue.

Then I used my Double Oval Punch to punch a scalloped Gold Foil mat. The sentiment from Inspired Thoughts is stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. I punched it out with the solid oval on the punch. 

I cut a piece of 3/8" Open Weave Soft Succulent ribbon and glued it to the card front with a glue dot. I adhered the sentiment portion with Dimensionals. I added 3 Metallic Pearls on the front and one on the inside...


I used stamps from the Eden Garden Stamp Set (available 11/2/21).

As you can see in the first photo, I added a 6" x 2 1/4" piece of DSP to the envelope flap.

I'm entering my card at Festive Friday World Kindness Day #0096 with my pearls, embossing and flowers.


Thank you for stopping by today.


11 comments:

  1. I love this sketch, very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Karen. I love you choice of papers and need to CASE that sweet design. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I would take advantage of every bit of sunshine you get. What an awesome card! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge! Blessings, Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mixture of the DSPs and the soft colors. The little touch of gold is the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have used the Designer Series paper in blocks and have teamed it with some gold foil to highlight the foiling in the papers. Thank you for joining us at Festive Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so gorgeous and soothing. I love the greens. The papers are beautiful, and that touch of gold is regal. Thanks for playing at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card. Thanks for joining us in the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...