Monday, September 27, 2021

Stampin' Up! Loyal & True Washi Tape Card

Welcome to my Monday Morning Makeover Madness card. I made a Mermaid card with washi tape here last Wednesday. Today's makeover was easier for me. I have no idea where the tape came from but the stamp set is the retired Loyal & True. I do not give up any military related stamps! I'm entering this card at Crafting Happiness #115 ATG, Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2139 and A Perfect Time to Craft #9-2021.


My card base is Night of Navy cardstock with a mat of Misty Moonlight cardstock. I took a piece of Basic White (5" x 3 3/4"), made an "X" from one corner to another and laid the washi tape at opposite angles and wrapped it to the back. Then I adhered it to the Misty Moonlight mat with liquid glue.

I stamped the sentiment on Basic White with Night of Navy ink and punched it out with the Rectangular Postage Punch. I cut a Night of Navy mat for it and rounded the corners. It's adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The inside is clean and simple...


Today would have been my 52nd wedding anniversary with this Vietnam Veteran. We met through the mail 2/14/69. It was love at first write!!


He loved his peanut M & M's!  Here's a bar for you!! Thanks for stopping by.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

16 comments:

  1. Aw, what a sweet card and a wonderful memory! You did an awesome job with that washi tape, you have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeAnne. My goal is to use up the washi tape I have. It's a very lofty goal!

      Delete
  2. Great card and great memories too. He must have been a very special guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. He was very special. The guys in church called him the Energizer Bunny for how he weather 5 years of chemo and radiation.

      Delete
  3. That's an awesome card! Love the design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, Karen! Thank you for your Service with your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great makeover card, Karen. Love that washi tape. Do you have another mat that the washi tape goes on? You said you wrapped it around the edge of the Misty Moonlight but I see that layer. I have lots of washi tape and might try some Christmas tape like this.
    Happy anniversary. Those milestone days are always tough. Hope you can smile at some of the happy memories, like how you met! 🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, for pointing that out to me. You've got sharp eyes! I corrected it in the body of the description. I'm going to try a Christmas card next. Can't wait to see what you create! Yes, I have many fond memories with Perry and I treasure them.

      Delete
  6. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Karen and a real tribute to the love of your life. I love and applaud your attitude on this your anniversary. He sounds like an amazing guy. Sending hugs.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, your card is awesome. You did great with the Washi Tape. I have tons of it and use mostly to hope a die in place. I did not notice at first it was Washi Tape, til you said it, because I was thinking where did she get that card stock. Sweet memories of your hubby. Thank you for him for his service. I met a Vietnam Vet today in Publix. He offered to get something for me. He was on the phone and told the person to hold on, he had to help a lady. I thanked him for his service and you should have seen that smile.😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. I'm so glad you had a great experience with a Vietnam Vet. They got the short end of the stick for sure. I was using my washi tape for holding dies too...no longer. Viva la washi tape...lol!

      Delete
  8. I love this card, Karen! What a sweet tribute. I'm back but this time with a different DT hat on my head. Thanks for entering our "Anything Goes" challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...