Monday, August 30, 2021

Altenew and Stampin' Up Birthday Card

Welcome to Monday Makeover Madness. Remember my Cross Stitch get well card from August 18th? Well, here is my third attempt at using it again. I didn't watch anymore videos because I decided I'd move on to something else and was fairly happy with how this one turned out even though I won't be cross stitching it. I did use the coordinating embossing die.


For the sentiments inside and out, I used Stampin' Up! Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set.


My colors are Blackberry Bliss for the card base, Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Pacific Point, Soft Succulent and Evening Evergreen inks. I put the splatters on because I was going to enter a challenge and now I don't remember what it was as I made this last week and just posted it! I do remember I wanted to enter it in Altenew's August 2021 Inspiration Challenge.

Dig in, peeps!

Thanks for stopping by today and if you aren't already, I hope you'll become a follower. As a reminder, my goal is to reach 100 by December 31. On January 1, I'll pick a random number for a prize. 



12 comments:

  1. Pretty card, love the colors that you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I love your cross stitched flower and your choice of colors! Too bad you don’t remember the challenge for the splatters because they add to the beauty of the card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Susan. I know...I need to start writing down the challenges instead of depending on my not-so-great-anymore memory!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful - that stamp is so cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary, but I'm glad to have returned it to its rightful owner!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful shades of purple! Thank you for sharing with us at Krafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie, for commenting on behalf of KC.

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful, Karen. Whatever you added the splatters for, it was a good thing you did. I think it just makes everything come together so well.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica. For the first time I didn't add splatters because of a smudge...lol! The card just needed them!!

      Delete
  6. WOW! I love the cross-stitch! Cute card! Thanks for sharing at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Janis. Thank you for the Top Pick!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...