Sunday, August 29, 2021

Stampin' Up! Sailing Home Encouragement Card

Happy Sunday to you! My card today was made for a 90 year old Navy Veteran who broke his hip and then contracted COVID during recovery. He and his wife will be celebrating their 69th wedding anniversary this coming week. I don't know him and he doesn't know me but it was a joy making the card for him. I became aware of his situation through one of my FB groups, of which I am a part. Take a look-see.


All product is Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted. My card base is Night of Navy. I stamped the anchor from the Sailing Home Stamp Set with Night of Navy (NON) ink on a panel of Basic White cardstock. The word "NAVY" was something I had in my stash that I purchased years ago. I stamped the sentiment from a Taylored Expressions "Of Thee I Sing" stamp set on scrap white and cut it out with one of the Tasteful Labels Dies. I cut another one out of NON, cut it in half and adhered it to the back of the sentiment. I adhered that to the card front with liquid glue. I still had some Sail Away Trinkets (retired) in my stash so I put a strand of NON/Sahara Sand Baker's Twine (retired) through the anchor and adhered it with glue dots.

For the inside, the first sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions stamp set, the second sentiment and lighthouse from the Sailing Home stamp set and the last sentiment from the Many Messages Stamp Set.

I hope the card will bring a smile to his face. From his picture on FB, he has a beautiful one in spite of what he is enduring.

I'm entering my card at these sites:

Just Add Ink #569...Just Add "N"

Crafts Galore August 2021 Challenge #90 Crafts Galore Encore

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #164 ATG

Crafter's Castle #44 ATG

Have a blessed day, peeps, and thanks for stopping by today. Will there be M & M's tomorrow? Do come back to find out!

"It was the fourteenth night, and we were being driven in the Mediterranean by the storm. About midnight the sailors suspected that we were getting close to land. 28 So they dropped a line with a weight tied to it and found that the water was one hundred and twenty feet deep; a little later they did the same and found that it was ninety feet deep. 29 They were afraid that the ship would go on the rocks, so they lowered four anchors from the back of the ship and prayed for daylight."

Acts 27: 27-29 Good News Translation


14 comments:

  1. Nice!! And - thank your friend (and his wife!) for their Service! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How thoughtful of you! It’s a beautiful card and I know it will brighten his day. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this Karen :) It's perfect in every way

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the sentiment behind your card, Karen. That you don't know this man & his wife, but you've created something especially for him (gosh it sounds like he's had a hard time of late) & I'm sure it'll be a highlight of his day to receive.
    The anchors are absolutely perfect for a Navy Veteran. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patrice, for commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  5. A stunning Anchor image - the repeat stamping is very effective and teams well with your embellishments. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet of you to make this card for the gentleman. Lovely make.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica. I appreciate you stopping by all my blog posts today!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...