Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Stampin' Up! Color & Contour Thank You Card

Happy Tuesday, peeps! Today's card is another that we made at our Quarterly Meeting on Sunday. This one was demonstrated by Tarabeth Carpenter and I created it exactly like hers with the exception of the scallops on the inside, the gems I used on the front and, oh yes, the pastel colors. Like I said, "exactly"...lol!


Here's how I did it...

I created the card base with So Saffron cardstock. I adhered a piece of Night of Navy to it. I cut the Beauty of the Earth DSP with the largest die from the Scalloped Contour Dies and adhered it to the NON mat. I used the third largest die to cut the scalloped So Saffron piece and stamped the sentiment from the Color & Contour Stamp Set in NON. I adhered that to the DSP.

Next I stamped the three flowers in Basic Gray on a piece of Basic White and colored them with pastel chalks that I had in my stash from a friend. I blended the chalk with my Stampin' Up Blending Brushes. I LOVE them! I have others, but these are the best!! Stampin' Up! has a beautiful set of Soft Pastels in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog that you might want to get your hands on! (See below!!) I colored the centers with my Light Mango Melody Stampin' Blends. I cut the three flowers out with a die from the Scalloped Contour Dies. I adhered two flowers with liquid glue and one with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added three Champagne Rhinestone Basic Jewels and the card front was done.

The inside speaks for itself...

The DSP and NON were cut with the scallop die from Scalloped Contour Dies. The sentiment is stamped in NON with a stamp from the Color & Contour Stamp Set on a piece of Basic White. I'm not sure why I covered up the beautiful DSP with the NON scallop. I may have been distracted by my cat, Chester. He was whacking me in the head with his tail! I don't know if anyone noticed that in the Zoom meeting!

I'm entering my card in the Time Out Challenges: Challenge #189
For some reason my card reminds me of "It is spring again". Do you agree?

Thanks for stopping by today and tomorrow I'll bring you the last of my Inkin' Krew Quarterly meeting cards.

Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"

Mat: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"; 2" x 5 1/4" piece for inside scallop

Sentiment: 2 3/4" x 4", cut with 3rd largest die

DSP: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" for front, cut with largest die; 2" x 5 1/4" for inside scallop; 2 1/4" x 6" for envelope flap

Basic White: 4" x 4" to stamp flowers and die cut; 4" x 5 1/4" piece for inside

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

8 comments:

  1. So glad that you could join us for the meeting! Your card turned out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! Love the colors and the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very pretty, inside and out. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joyce, for commenting on behalf of Time Out.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty. I have some non-SU pastels I might try…yours turned out great. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...