Monday, June 14, 2021

Stampin' Up! Color & Contour Friendship Card

Good Monday Morning peeps! Hope you had a great weekend. Mine was uneventful with the exception of our Inkin' Krew team holding its quarterly meeting yesterday. Three of our team members demonstrated cards after our Zoom meeting. 

My card today is brought to you by the Color & Contour Stamp Set. Karen Ksenzakovic used Fresh Freesia and Evening Evergreen to create hers but I chose to use Pale Papaya and Soft Succulent. Reason being...I didn't have the vellum she used, nor did I have the embossing folder. Here's mine...


I'm hoping Karen will post hers this week. (She made another one with Fresh Fresia and Soft Succulent.) I am going to CASE the one she did yesterday as I just loved the colors together. Stay tuned...

The measurements are listed below, along with a partial list of the product I used. 

The vellum is retired and I have no idea what it is, other than Stampin' Up! I embossed it with the Ornate Floral 3D and adhered it to the Soft Succulent mat with Scotch Vellum Tape, which I acquired from a friend. It works like a charm! I'm not sure if it's manufactured any longer but there are others out there.

Next I put some Stampin' Seal on the vellum and took a 12" piece of Soft Succulent 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon and layed it on the vellum in a Z formation.

Then I used the third largest scalloped die from the Scalloped Contours Dies to cut the panel for the image. On a scrap of Basic White, I stamped the outline flower image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. I colored in the flower with my Pale Papaya Stampin' Write Marker. There is a stamp to fill it in but I chose not to use it. I colored the leaves with my Soft Succulent Stampin' Write Marker. I used the flower die to cut it out. I used a Blending Brush to add Soft Succulent ink in the center of the rectangular die cut. On the bottom of the rectangle die cut, I stamped the sentiment from the Color & Contour Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I then adhered the rectangle over the ribbon with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered three 2021 -2023 In Color Jewels to complete the front.

For the inside, I stamped a sentiment from the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set
and stamped the flower image again but this time I used my Stampin' Blends to color in the flowers and leaves. I adhered a piece of vellum on the bottom. I adhered the Basic White art panel to a mat of Soft Succulent, and adhered that to the inside card base.

We all know there can be no "nekkid" envelopes so I stamped and chalked the flower on the front and glued a piece of DSP to the envelope flap.


Measurements:

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Mat: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"; 4" x 5 1/4" inside
Basic White: 4" x 5 1/4" (one for art panel, one for inside)
Vellum: 3 3/4" x 5", 1" x 4" (inside)
DSP: 2 1/4" x 6" for envelope flap
Ribbon: 12"

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll join me tomorrow for another card we made at our meeting.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

11 comments:

  1. Your card turned out great! Glad that you were able to join us for the meeting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! I remember that colored vellum....SAB from a year or so ago! Very pretty the way you embossed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love your take on this card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen your card came out gorgeous!!! I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love your colors for the card, and the sentiment you chose for the inside is perfect for that! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card, particularly the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...