Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Stampin' Up! Color & Contour Birthday Card

 Well, it's mid-week again and I have one more Color & Contour Stamp Set card to show you from our Quarterly meeting on Sunday. Linda Richenberg demonstrated this one but I decided to go rogue and create a birthday card. I did use her design, however.


Measurements are listed below. I did not have the DSP that Linda used (Hand Penned) so I substituted a pattern from the Subtles 6 x 6 pack DSP. In hindsight, I wish I had adhered it to a Basic White mat rather than directly to the card base. My color choice was Highland Heather.

I used the die from Scalloped Contour Dies to cut my Highland Heather piece and Basic White panel. On the Basic White I blended Mint Macaron, Blushing Bride and Highland Heather inks with my Blending Brush. Then I stamped the flower from the Color & Contour Stamp Set in Versa Mark and sprinkled it with Black Embossing Powder and heat set it. I had used my Embossing Buddy prior to that but as you can see, it didn't help with the stray powder. However, I kind of like the "splattered" effect! I adhered that panel to the Highland Heather panel with liquid glue and then adhered that to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a scrap of Basic White and cut it out with one of the Ornate Frames Dies. I adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals after I had sponged it with Highland Heather ink. I adhered three 2021-2023 In Color Jewels to the front and then went to work on the inside.


Simple...I stamped the sentiment from the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set in Highland Heather, the outline of the bud from Color & Contour in Memento Tuxedo Black and Highland Heather for the bud. I punched three corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.

I'm entering my card at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July 2021 and Watercooler Wednesday. Kath has an "All About Occasions" challenge WWC318.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. I'll have something sweet for you!

Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"; 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" panel for scalloped mat

Basic White: 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" panel for scalloped mat; 4" x 5 1/4" inside panel; scrap for sentiment

DSP: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

Partial Product List:

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

10 comments:

  1. Another pretty card! :) Love the colors that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty. I love that die cut for the sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Karen. And how lovely of you to drop by to say hello - you're always welcome and if things get too busy and you're unable to come and play don't worry over it. The Playground has slowed down lately though - I have no wish to close the challenge but when numbers drop so much I wonder if everyone has used up all their snippets :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I have so many snippets...I just need to get my head around creating with them. DO NOT close the challenge ever!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Love that birthday sentiment and the die cut corners! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Watercooler Wednesday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Dawn, for your comment on behalf of WWC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...