Sunday, May 16, 2021

Stampin' Up! Lovely You Just Because Card

Good Sunday morning! Hope your weekend is moving along slowly and good!

My card today was inspired by The Stamp Camp and tomorrow I will have a makeover but not using the Gilded Leafing nor the same stamp set. Glenda used the Lovely You Stamp Set for the card in her You Tube video and I have followed suit.


Notice all those Gilded Gems? Why, yes, they match the Gilded Leafing. But you're smart...you know why they are really there! There are seven in all because seven is the perfect number AND my sentiments were far from perfect. Each one had a "shadow line" in different spots! I tried to erase them with the Mono Sand eraser without much luck. I wasn't happy with the three cover up gems so I just kept adding until I was content with seven...completeness and perfection!

My card base is Granny Apple Green (GAG), with a mat of Fresh Freesia. The inks I used are GAG, FF and Magenta Madness. Why? Because I'm entering my card in The Spot Challenge #161!

For the inside...

I stamped the sentiment in Magenta Madness. For the flower, I "inked" it up with my Fresh Freesia and GAG Stampin' Write Markers. I used the Detailed Trio Punch on my corners. I am so glad that punch didn't retire!

Thank you for stopping by today and if you want to create a card like this, be sure to watch Glenda's video on You Tube.

4 comments:

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...