Monday, May 17, 2021

Stampin' Up! Happy Thoughts Birthday Card

Good Monday morning, peeps and welcome to my makeover Monday madness! I hope you enjoyed your weekend and that today will be a blessed one for you to start off the week.

My card today uses the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set (retiring in June) for the inside sentiment. The stamps on the front are all retired but as you can see from my card yesterday, you could use any flowery/leafy stamps that you have. Here's the card...

The glittery strips are not glimmer/glitter paper. It's Tear and Tape with glitter sprinkled on it and set with a heat tool. Just as messy as the Gilded Leafing I used yesterday!

I started out by masking off the center and stamping the leaves and flowers wherever! Then I removed the mask and stamped the sentiment. Next I put down the adhesive, sprinkled the glitter and heat set it. Somehow I managed to get ink on my hand and didn't realize it. Thus, I ended up sponging my card front and adding bling where there were blobs! I hate it when that happens and it seems to be happening a lot lately as you will see in another card I'll be posting this week! I added three Blue Adhesive Backed Gems.

The inside is quite simple...

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2120 - ATG

Crafting Happiness #96 ATG

A Place to Start May 2021 Challenge #5 ATG

Thanks for stopping by today and happy stamping!
















9 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the shimmer tape. Congrats on the Top Pick - it's fun seeing the button on your sidebar. Thanks for joining the fun this week at Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    :) Janis, Owner & Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janis. I enjoyed putting that button on the sidebar!

      Delete
  2. Pretty card Karen! Love the sparkly touches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh - love te sparkly paper with those sweet flowers! Very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie, for your comment on behalf of PIP.

      Delete
  5. Very pretty birthday card. Love the sparkle. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...