Saturday, July 20, 2019

Stampin' Up! Peaceful Place and Pressed Petals Specialty DSP

Good Saturday morning, peeps. I hope it's peaceful at your place. Today I'm using the Peaceful Place Stamp Set again but with different paper than what I used on Thursday.


This was so easy to make as the DSP did all the work once again! I wanted the beautiful pattern to show through the vellum banner that was die cut with the Stitched Nested Dies. 

I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow Ink and heat embossed it with Clear Emboss Powder. 

I made a Billie/Mary bow using the Mossy Meadow thread from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack.

It's hard to see, but I added an Old Olive Noble Peacock Rhinestone to one of the flower centers. What IS easy to see, unfortunately, are the dots of glue holding the vellum in place. I haven't figured out how to rectify this problem yet. Let me tell you what I've tried so far without success...I covered the spots with larger matching rhinestones and it just looked weird. Then I removed the banner and put a piece of Mossy Meadow card stock behind the vellum, dabbing it with liquid glue. The glue showed through once again. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing from you. 

I'm entering my card in the Just Us Girls Color Week #497. It's a perfect match, don't you think?
Thanks for stopping by today and remember I need your help with the vellum/glue problem!

8 comments:

  1. Such pretty designer paper! Love the bow too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a company called Scrapbook Adhesives which makes some of my favorite non-dimensional “stickies” to adhere papers on my cards. I buy mine at A.C. Moore, about $3.99 a box, but I believe you can buy directly from the company. They are called Click ‘n Stick Mounting Squares and the company makes one exclusively for use on vellum. I think it works beautifully. I have used them for 10 years and have never been disappointed. They come on a roll of 500, in a dispenser box. You pull down on the waxed paper strip holding them and a new one pops up at the top of the box. They measure 10 x 13 mm. I use them for all non-dimensional adhering of papers and they have never disappointed me. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nancy, I'll check that out. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  3. What beautiful paper! The mossy thread was a great touch! So happy to have this beautiful card in our gallery this week at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful DP - and perfect for this weeks colour challenge at Just Us Girls. Love the bow and your vellum sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2417 Theme Challenge

Here is what I created for our theme challenge today... This is the inspiration for our theme... Our sponsor for this week's challenge i...