Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Stampin' Up! Hello Cupcake and Meant to Be Valentine

Welcome Wednesday! For some peeps in an office environment, it's Hump Day. For retired peeps, like me, it's just the middle of the week. No matter what your situation, I hope you enjoy the card I'm bringing to you today. Remember what I said yesterday about origami? Well, I AM finding it addictive! It's also a four challenge day!

My inspiration came from Hand Stamped Sentiments Inspiration Challenge #307.

and I'm also playing at Double D - Month of Hearts. They have a mood board and the hearts can be any color. My hearts are red and are located on the inside of my card, which you can see below. There are a couple on the front too in the DSP!

AND last but not least, Try It on Tuesday has a romance theme. No matter what language, love is spoken here...how romantic!!

Dawn Griffith has a great video on how to create this card so I won't re-invent the wheel. Check it out here

My card base is Whisper White with a mat of Real Red. I am continuing to use the retired Sending Love DSP Stack. I think I'll keep making Valentine cards until it's gone. Y'all may be retired by the time I'm finished...lol.

I used one of the sentiments from Hello Cupcake (2019 Sale-A-Bration - free with $50 purchase) on the circle inside the origami frame. The current challenge at Inspire Create #36 is to use something from the 2019 SAB catalog.

You can use Real Red 1/8" Ribbon or Real Red 3/8" Ribbon for the bow. Mine is from a spool I picked up years ago at JoAnn's. There is no end to it!

For the inside, I used the Meant to Be stamp set and some hearts I had left over from another card. I had used the heart framelit from the Be Mine Stitched Framelits. The stamp set and dies are found in the 2019 Occasions Catalog and can be purchased as a bundle at a 10% discount.

Oh, I just remembered the Time Out challenge! 
Thank you for stopping by and the partial list of product used follows.



33 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and clever creation! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Hearts’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darlene. I'll play as often as I can!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous! Such a gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous Valentines card, the design and detail look lovely.Thank you for sharing your card with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much...I always appreciate your leaving a comment on behalf of TIOT.

      Delete
  4. WOW, LOVE what you have created for our fabulous challenge this time of LOVE. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
    {aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you used that love you paper and how it says it in so many languages. What a cool card. Thanks for joining us at TIOT. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karen! Love the origami, great design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful design, Karen. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog, We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy and yes, I'll be back in the future!

      Delete
  8. Love your card! It's looks fun - hope it's not too hard to make. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Janice. We need to make cards together when you are back in the area. I appreciate your leaving a comment!

      Delete
  9. Wow, great set of artwork. I can't decide which one I like best. I loved the one with the different languages, but then I saw the clean and simple one with the hearts. All are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fun card...the folds add such great interest.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the folds! Lovely card and the inside is pretty as well! Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card! Love the origami technique - may have to try that one some day. I was just looking at my retired Love Blossoms DSP and trying to think of a way to use it up as well. Thanks for the push! Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. I always appreciate your comments.

      Delete
  13. Another super sweet and loving card, Karen ... with such fabulous folds framing the sentiment! Thanks so much once more for joining in the fun with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. I'm pleased that I have taken Time Out to play!

      Delete
  14. Very creative AND fun!! thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  15. That fancy fold is so fun!! Great way to showcase the Designer Series Paper. Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great use of dsp. It makes a fun card. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, lovely paper and great design also! Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...