Thursday, February 7, 2019

Stampin' Up! Humming Along with Beautiful You for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop


Welcome to our weekly blog hop. We have a new weekly hopper with us, Eva Dobilas. Eva was in our monthly Thursday combined hop but once a month was not enough and I totally agree! Glad to have you on board, Eva.

I  used two Stampin’ Up! stamp sets this week to create my card for the Hop.  We’ve got a color challenge this week... 

Image may contain: text

and here is my card...



Over at The Flower Challenge their challenge is to use your latest stamp set or dies. I have done both with my card.

Inspired By ... love has a photo for inspiration and I'm inspired by the pinks in the photo!

The outside of my card uses Humming Along and the inside uses Beautiful You and Humming Along!  Here's the inside...



It's obvious what colors I used for what so I am not even going to go there! I stamped the flower in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it in with my Melon Mambo watercolor pencil and used my Blender Pen to blend it. I used my Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment all over the card. It was a little askew when I stamped it so I carried on with it like that a few times and sometimes had it straight. (I masked the flower when I stamped the sentiment.)

Because of that cockeyedness (is that a word?), I glued my mat and art piece askew too. Notice I didn't round all the corners either. Perhaps I should have said I really planned to do everything asymmetrical...but you wouldn't have believed me!

The inside flower is cut with the dies that match Humming Along.

Now on to the hop...click on the "Next" button to visit Julie's blog (she is very talented!).


You can also click on the individual, equally talented, names listed below if you want.

Karen Finkle - you are here!

16 comments:

  1. Love that bow! Fun layering on your panels too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!! Love your flower - it is perfectly colored!! Great use of the two stamp sets to make a cohesively designed card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! And we would never have known of your 'intentions' if you hadn't told us! Great way to fix a potential mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I have always been told there is a fix for everything on a card!

      Delete
  5. What a fun card!!!! Love your bow and the way you finished the inside of the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job and the addition of the linen bow is right on. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a bright and cheery design! Great job! Thank you for joining us at Inspired By this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and I love all the background stamping with this beautiful flower! So pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for leaving a comment, Ericka.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...