Saturday, November 25, 2017

Stampin' Up!: Musical Season

This is another Stack and Cut Quilt technique card. There were so many mistakes on it, I had to use embellishments to cover them up. 

Peace, Love, Joy is a horizontal stamp from the Musical Season set. I colored each word separately, stamped, cleaned the stamp (so I thought), stamped the next word vertically, and it turned out to be a hot mess! 

I had already put the embellishments on to cover ink spots when I realized I still needed to run it through the Big Shot! Those of you who know the Big Shot know you can't run cardstock through when it has raised embellishments...think it makes a cracking sound when you run a flat piece through?...just think what it would sound like and do with raised enamel pieces on it...a really BIG hot mess! 

So, I took my oval die, traced it around the sentiment piece and cut it out free hand...a/k/a fussy cut. Then I decided to make it look like a stitched framelit. My stitches were a little off so I added the gold pieces. 

This card is a piece of work...not in a good way! I dare you to CASE it...lol!!

Maybe Craftyhazelnut #361 will be forgiving of my mistakes! as well as her November Patterned Paper Challenge!!

Thanks for looking! Things can only get better from here!!

2 comments:

  1. Hee hee...we all have stamping days like that. Love the gold touches! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no.... I hope your Big Shot is okay!! I give you credit for persevering!! All in all, it's a very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...