Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Stampin' Up! Spooky Cat for Amy's Inkin' Krew


Stampin' Up! Spooky Cat for the Inkin’ Krew Team Blog Hop


Image may contain: text
"Today I am pleased to participate in Amy's team blog hop for the first time. Thank you for joining me and hopping along...you are in for a treat...no tricks! At the bottom of my post, you will find buttons to help you hop along, as well as a list with all the participating blog hoppers so you can see all the fantastic projects." 

As I mentioned in a previous post, Halloween is not my favorite festive day. However, I thought my card would bring a smile to my soon-to-be-ten-year-old pen pal from Maine.

My card begins with a Crushed Curry card base 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2".

The Mossy Meadow mat is 4" x 5". That cardstock is retired, but I have to use it up (and I love it!). You can substitute Always Artichoke, which is very close. On that panel, I adhered a piece of Very Vanilla measuring 2 3/4" x  4 7/8". 

Next I stamped the Spooky "words" Cat (from the Spooky Cat stamp set) on a scrap of Very Vanilla using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and punched it out with the Cat Punch. I scored the tail so it would be on the inside of the door. (You'll see in a second.)

The door was stamped in Early Espresso using the At Home With You stamp set. I stamped it on paper that I had left over from my Baby Wipe Technique (see August 16 post). I then cut it out using the At Home framelits dies. I scored it so it would be slightly open. Once I had the door frame adhered with foam adhesive strips, I adhered the "words" cat, a/k/a "fat cat" inside.

I used two pre-cut cats for the front and positioned them so they looked like they were peeking in at that fat cat!

Now for the inside...

I punched out two black cats and stamped their faces, trying to give them yellow eyes with yellow Wink of Stella. All stamps on the inside are from the Spooky Cat stamp set. The mice are stamped in Basic Gray.



My penpal has a quirky sense of humor so that's why I added the "eat at your own risk" sentiment. He'll get a chuckle out of it.

I am so glad I purchased the Spooky Cat bundle; if you really like my card and do not have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I would love to be of assistance to you in obtaining this bundle or any other SU product. Just let me know.

Okay, let's get hopping! Just click on the buttons below to go whichever way you want! OR, you can click on the names of participating bloggers and you should get there! Come back again, ya hear...or I'll haunt you!




Linda Richenberg
Sue Prather
Jaimie Babarczy
Jari Francis
Julie Johnston
Mary Deatherage
Karen Finkle: You are here!
Amy Koenders


6 comments:

  1. Yay Karen!! So glad that your power is finally back on!! Cute card, love the kitties peeking in the door. Perfectly spooky and fun for Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo-hoo!! Power really does make it all seem just a little bit easier! Love your card with your kitties peering thru the door to see what awaits them! Great job and welcome back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card. What a great idea using the door. Where did you
    get the cats that are peeking in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, I don't know how to get in touch with you so hopefully you will return to this post. The cats peeking in were IOS I believe. I cut them out last year from a borrowed die set and there was no label.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I have another question. On the door that you used from baby wipe technique, how did you get the pattern and did you use regular card stock? Thanks so much from
      tbuchanan48@gmail.com

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...