Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Stampin' Up! Stars at Night Christmas Card for Amy's Inkin' Krew Blog Hop

Hello my stamping friends! Welcome to our monthly Amy's Inkin' Krew hop. Our theme for this month is "Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays" and we can interpret that any way we want and use any product we wish. Here is what I created for it...

Let's take a closer look at what I created, shall we?
I was inspired by On Y Go and here's how it came together. Remember when I used the stack, cut and shuffle technique on the 2nd with the One Horse Open Sleigh DSP? No, well, here's a link to refresh your memory.

With the pieces of the three sheets of DSP I had left, I cut them into 1/2" and 3/4" wide pieces, each 3" long. With those pieces, I laid them out at an angle on a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock measuring 6" x 1 3/4". I glued them down when I had a pattern I liked and then cut off the excess.

I took a piece of Very Vanilla and cut it at 4" x 5 1/4", stamped "Merry Christmas" from the Stars at Night Stamp Set using Mossy Meadow ink and then ran it through my embossing machine with the 3D Fern EF

Using the debossed side, I adhered the strip of DSP to it at an angle and cut off the excess at the edges. I adhered that panel with Stampin' Dimensionals to a 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 5 1/2" Very Vanilla card base. Three Adhesive Backed Speckled Dots finished the front.

Thank you for stopping by today. Clicking on the "Next" button will take you to Amy, and clicking on the "Previous" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the individual names will take you directly to each member's post. Trust me, you're in for a treat no matter what direction you hop!
  1. Ann Louise Fodgaard
  2. Mary Deatherage
  3. Tara Carpenter
  4. Carol Buckalew
  5. Nel Thames
  6. Shirley Gentry
  7. Karen Ksenzakovic
  8. Akiko Sudano
  9. Karen Finkle - that's me!
  10. Amy Koenders

16 comments:

  1. Love this! Great way to use up those precious scraps of beautiful DSP! And the embossed card front is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen :) Love your design and mix of DSP

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty!!! I love the embossed panel! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful design Karen! Great way to showcase that awesome paper. Love the clean design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card, Karen! A perfect use for those scraps of DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karen! I love the mix of DSPs in the stripe and it's perfect with the soft embossed background and pretty sentiment! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty way to use smaller pieces of DSP. I never seem to know what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration. Love the debossed background too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary said it all, Karen, need I say more?

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...