Saturday, November 19, 2022

Stampin Up! Brightest Glow Origami Fun Fold

Good Saturday morning, peeps! Have anything fun planned for the weekend? I will be in my craft room doing final preparations for our community craft fair 12/10/22. It was postponed from 11/5 due to Hurricane Ian. I have so many cards to sell. I hope there is no other card vendor there as it is open to the public this year. Last year only our community folks could attend so I had no competition. Sounds selfish, yes? Yes! 

My card this morning is one we made at our card group. Sue L. provided the kit so I don't know where the patterned paper is from, nor the "Merry Christmas". I do know the inside sentiment is from the Brightest Glow Stamp Set and the falling snow are dots of Pearlized Enamel Effects Basics.




Sue loves origami...me not so much so it was a struggle! She had cut the patterned paper with these measurements:

1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
2" x 2"
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
3" x 3"

You fold a piece in half, open it up and fold the other way in half. Then fold on the diagonal, open it up and fold on the diagonal the other way. Then open, push in two of the sides to create a flat triangle. Fold from the point down two times, et voila! Those are the Cliff Notes...lol! Here's a video for you if you would like to make it.

I'm entering my card at Allsorts Week 703 A/G with option of Trees and Leaves, Creative Knockouts #479 - ATG and Inkspirational Challenge #278 - Photo. Unfortunately, I was not able to copy and paste the photo, but it's a snow globe with a tree and people in it.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you tomorrow with another card group card.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. What perfect paper for your origami tree, Karen! Love the clean design that highlights the tree. Many thanks for joining Allsorts challenge and using my Trees/Leaves theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. origami looks so easy but I agree, sometimes it is a challenge! But this tree is just lovely! I love everything about this card--inside and out! Good luck at your show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I wish I could sell all my cards, sell my retired sets and start all over again...lol!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty card Karen! Love the origami tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very effective Iris folding, perfect for our theme at Allsorts this week, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda, for commenting on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  5. What a great folded tree. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Linby, for your comment on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mervi, for commenting on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...