Saturday, September 17, 2022

Stampin' Up! Daisy Lane Birthday Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps. My inspiration today came from Wanda Pettijohn. I will be doing a Card Making 101 Class at my October PEO meeting. For those of you who aren't familiar with the Philanthropic Educational Organization, our flower is the Marguerite Daisy and we are called "sisters". We help women obtain scholarships and loans to further their education. Here is one of the cards each sister will make...


I'm debating about whether to add bling...what do you think? I'd appreciate your comments.

I started out with a card base that is cardstock from Office Max when it was just that! Many, many years ago!! My Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder mat is Mossy Meadow, 4" x 5 1/4". The retired Delightful Daisy Designer Series Paper measures 2" x 5". I adhered it with liquid glue.

The daisy is punched out of Basic White cardstock scraps with the retired Daisy Punch. I punched two and adhered them (offset) with a glue dot.  Then I used my bone folder to give them a little bend. The center is a scrap of retired Color Theory DSP, using the retired 3/4 inch circle punch. I adhered that to the flower with a Dimensional.

I cut a piece of retired burlap ribbon and folded it over to place underneath the daisy. I used glue dots and liquid glue to do all that.

The "Happy Birthday" from the Very Best Occasions Stamp Set is stamped in Mossy Meadow ink on a scrap of Basic White, sponged with Mossy Meadow, and punched with the Double Oval Punch. It's mat was punched out of retired Color Theory DSP, using the same punch. 

The inside is nice and simple with a flower image from the retired Daisy Delight Stamp Set and the sentiment from Very Best Occasions.



I'm hoping my sisters will be pleased with what they create and that they will learn all the card making terminology I will teach them....especially the terms "addicted", "enabled", "DSP hoarder", "paper has two sides", and "Fun, Fun, Fun"!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope your weekend is starting off great!

2 comments:

Stampin' Up! Otterly Amazing Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came!! We have a color challenge for you today and here is what I created for our hop... Let&#...