Friday, May 20, 2022

Stampin' Up! Splendid Sneak Peek!

It's Fun Fold Friday today and I have a little surprise for you...I'm using the book binding fun fold, a retired product, a new product and an upcoming product that I received early because I will be attending SU's Creativity Now for Demonstrators in June. I was inspired by the challenge at Make the Cards #55 - Use 2 Patterned Papers. I hope you get a chance to visit them because the Design Team have (has??) created some beauties! Here's mine...

I have made the book binding fold many times. It is soooooo easy! You take a piece of cardstock 4 1/4" x 11", score at 4 1/4" and 5 1/2". Then you fold it back on itself and burnish. Before I glued the 1 1/4" part closed, I adhered a 1" x 4" piece of Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper (AC 2022-2023) to it and wrapped a piece of Fresh Freesia 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon around it and tied a bow. 

Then I cut a piece of the upcoming  Splendid Day Designer Series Paper (wait til you see it, it's gorgeous!) and adhered it to the card front. I had flowers, stacked on my desk, from the Hues of Happiness DSP that I had cut out earlier in the week with the Blossoming Happiness Dies so I adhered a couple with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The "Sending Hugs" sentiment is from the upcoming Splendid Thoughts Stamp Set, stamped in what is supposed to be Granny Apple Green ink but somehow I think someone might have put an unclean stamp on it because it looks more like Old Olive. Those things happen and I know there is a way to remedy it but I didn't want to take the time. In any event, it is cut out with the upcoming Splendid Stems Dies and also adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. I adhered one of the Fresh Freesia Fun Flowers Resin Shapes (AC 2022-2023) and the card front was fini!

For the inside...

I stamped the bee from the Splendid Thoughts SS in Smoky Slate and colored it with my Light So Saffron and Ivory Stampin' Blends. I adhered a 1/4"strip of the Hues of Happiness DSP to the bottom. Then I stamped the sentiment from the retired Rose Wonder Stamp Set, again in the not-so-anymore Granny Apple Green ink.

I stamped the envelope with a flower from the Happiness Abounds Stamp Set and adhered a 6" x 2 1/4" piece of Hues of Happiness DSP to the flap, cutting off the excess.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you on Monday for some M & M's!




20 comments:

  1. Karen, such a pretty card! I always love the book fun fold, and the upcoming paper and stamp set looks like it will be a real hit! Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna. I appreciate your comment on behalf of TSOT.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card love the fold and P.papers-I have just made my first book fold card and similar colours too lol
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Creases
    Carol GD x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooops saying that is is not scheduled until the 1st June
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card,the papers and your diecut flowers are absolutely stunning,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meg, for commenting on behalf of the AC.

      Delete
  5. Pretty card Karen! Love the colors and the cool die cut sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty card, Karen. Love your choice of papers and fun fold! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. I really like the papers,colors and your fun fold. Thanks for sharing this over at TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laurie, for commenting on behalf of TSOT.

      Delete
  8. A really lovely and detailed creation. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn, for your comment on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous card, Karen! You combined all of these beautiful products perfectly. Love this fold and have only made one card using it so maybe it's time to try it again! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful and elegant card, love the soft shades of purple, so pretty! Thanks for playing along in our challenge at Make the Cards!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...