Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Stampin' Up! Bottled Happiness

Hello! I'm glad you joined me for the unscheduled Tuesday post. When I saw the Just Add Ink Challenge #604

I knew I had to participate! Here is my current card that I am entering.

Here is the card I CASED, which was posted on May 9, 2022. 

Let's bring back the new and improved card.

I used the 2022-2024 In Color Parakeet Party cardstock for my base and adhered a panel of  Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper with liquid glue.

On a piece of Basic White cardstock, I punched out the jar using the Jar Punch because I still had some Mason Jar Domes left. They are retired but in our new catalog, we have vintage bottle domes. 

Using Starry Sky ink, I stamped the sentiment from the Bottled Happiness Stamp Set.  I cut around all the cardstock with the second largest die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies. 

The wood DSP is from the retired In Good Taste Series and I punched the center of it with the bottom with the Jar Punch. I adhered that piece to the Basic White panel. 

Above the jar top, I stamped the flowers and leaves in Parakeet Party and Starry Sky inks.  Then I started working on the shaker dome by adhering it to the inside of the opening with the top layer of adhesive that comes on it.  I went through my stash and found retired Flowers for Every Season Gems that complemented the color of the DSP so I filled the jar with not quite enough gems! I had stamped stems from the Jar of Flowers Stamp set and adhered it to the back of the dome with the adhesive that is on the back of the dome. Then I adhered that panel to the card front.

For the finishing touch, I tied a bow with the Starry Sky 1/8" Metallic Ribbon and adhered it with liquid glue.

The inside is stamped using an image and sentiment from the retired (2018) Thoughts & Prayers Stamp Set. Because the stamp set is well over a year old, I am entering my card in the Retro Rubber #183 ATG Challenge.
I used the same inks as on the front along with Stamp N Write Markers.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you on Thursday for our weekly Inkin' Blog Hop. Oh, let me know which card you prefer!

8 comments:

  1. Ah ha! Way to sneak in the retro on the inside! Love your color choices, and these are both fabulous sets! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. I appreciate your comment on behalf of RRC.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the new colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the stripes and florals together and l’m always a fan of shaker cards! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love a shaker!! Love the colour choices. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire RR DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Claire, for your comment on behalf of RR.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...