Thursday, May 26, 2022

Stampin' Up! Wildlife Wonder Masculine Birthday Card


Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop. You're in for a treat if you have never visited before. It's a weekly challenge and this week we have a sketch challenge. Here is what I created for it...


and here is our sketch...

I used the Wildlife Wonder Stamp Set to create my card. Because it's masculine, I'm entering it in the Inspire.Create.Challenge #117.

My card base is Starry Sky. The photo doesn't show it very good but I embossed a panel of Starry Sky with the Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to the card front with liquid glue.

Next I cut a piece of Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper and stamped the bear on it in Early Espresso ink. I used my Stamparatus so I could get a really dark image. I colored parts of him with my Light and Dark Crumb Cake Stampin' Blends. I used the Starry Sky and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers to stamp the flowers and grass.

I stamped the sentiment in Starry Sky on a scrap of DSP and cut it with the Banners Punch. I adhered a piece of Early Espresso 1/4" Faux Suede Trim with glue dots and then the sentiment with liquid glue. I adhered the art panel with Stampin' Dimensionals. Three Brass Brushed Butterflies finished the front.

For the inside...

I stamped the sentiment in Starry Sky ink, another flower the same as the front and added a strip of the DSP. I also sponged the Basic White panel with Pool Party ink.

Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. Thank you for stopping by and hopping with us!

Amy Koenders
Mary Deatherage
Jaimie Babarczy
Sue Prather
Karen Finkle - You are here!
Akiko Sudano
Karen Ksenzakovic
Tara Carpenter
Terry Lynn Bright

Measurements:
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Embossed Mat: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Art Panel: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
Sentiment Strip: 4"
Trim: 3"
Inner Liner: 4 7/8" x 3 5/8"
DSP Strip: 4 7/8" x 1/2"
DSP for Envelope Flap: 6" x 2 1/4"
Trim: 3"

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. Super cool masculine card - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Such an awesome card Karen :) Love how you made a little scene with that bear. Perfect masculine card too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, Karen! I love it. Will have to CASE it for a guy who is graduating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, is this you? Whoever you are, thank you.

      Delete
  4. Such a cool card! Love the way that you used the designer paper for the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect masculine card. Love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card Karen.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...