Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Stampin' Up! Daffodil Daydream Easter Card

Welcome to another Inkin’ Krew monthly blog hop! Our very talented team is doing a blog hop featuring Stampin’ Up! products. This month we are all creating projects with a “For the Girls/Ladies" theme and we can interpret that any way we want. I have chosen to create a feminine Easter card. 

Do you make and send out Easter cards? I do!  Ann Alexander who is on the SU Artisan Design Team, provided my inspiration for my card today.

I used Smoky Slate cardstock for the base, with Basic White for the panel. I stamped the dots from the Daffodil Daydream Stamp Set using Polished Pink Ink on the Basic White panel. Then I ran a piece of the Polished Pink Ombré Gift Bag through the Bark 3D Embossing Folder and cut it out with a Layering Circle Die.

I used one of the florals from the Daffodil Daydream set and stamped it on a  Basic White scrap using Smoky Slate Ink. Then I cut it out with the Daffodil Dies along with some stems from Evening Evergreen Cardstock. I colored the image with Light Stampin' Blends (Polished Pink,  Pear Pizzazz and Daffodil Delight).

I adhered the stems and daffodil image to the embossed circle with glue dots and liquid glue. I tied a bow using a piece of Polished Pink Open Weave 3/8" Ribbon and adhered it to the floral image with a glue dot. I punched the small dragonfly with the Dragonflies Punch from the Ombre Gift Bag and adhered it with a glue dot.

For the final touch, I stamped the sentiment from Daffodil Daydream on a scrap of Smoky Slate with with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with White Stampin' Emboss Powder. I fussy cut the sentiment and adhered to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the inside...

I used the cross from the retired Hold on to Hope Stamp Set, the sentiment from the retired Easter Message Stamp Set, the ground from the Wildlife Wonder Stamp Set and the grass from the Easter Friends Stamp Set. I used Evening Evergreen, Soft Succulent and Crumb Cake inks.

Thank you for stopping by today and let's get hopping! Click on the "next" button to move forward to Sue's project. Click on the "previous" button to move back to the project created by Mary. You can also click on each name listed if you prefer.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful Karen :) Love that little dragonfly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Easter card, Karen - I've always loved that sentiment and wish it hadn't retired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen! The colors are perfect, love those die cut daffodils! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Karen! Love the daffodils and your inside is perfect! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...