Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Stampin' Up! Dandelion Wishes Thank You Card

Good mid-week, peeps! I was inspired by Let's Squash it Challenge #18 - Emboss/Deboss. Let's see how good the iPhone camera shows it...fingers crossed!


Yes! The top dandelions are debossed (and also upside down!) and the bottom ones are embossed.

I was inspired by my friends' wall art when I was at their house last Friday for a Grief Share luncheon. I wish I had taken a picture of it! But here's a link to a similar one if you'd like to see it.

I stamped the sentiment from the retired Colorful Seasons Stamp Set with Black Stazon on a Silver Foil panel from the Blue Foils 12" x 12" Specialty Paper. I believe the sentiment is the focal point and I hope The Sisterhood of Crafters agree. 

I stamped the dandelion image from the retired Dandelion Wishes Stamp Set with Stazon ink as well. Then I ran the panel through my embossing machine with the soon retiring Dandelions 3D Embossing Folder only on the bottom. Then I reversed the foil in the folder and only ran it through the top. Next I adhered it to a Basic Black mat.

While I had the Blue Foils out, I punched three butterflies with the retired Bitty Butterfly Punch. I slightly bent them in half before adhering them to the card front. I added three Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels where their heads would be.

For the inside, I used the Colorful Seasons using Bermuda Bay Ink for the top sentiment and the Forever Grapevine Stamp Set (soon retiring) for the second sentiment using Smoky Slate Ink. I added a Brushed Brass Butterfly and punched my corners with the soon retiring Detailed Trio Punch. (That makes me sad!)


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

8 comments:

  1. WOW! Just beautiful Karen! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darlene, for commenting on behalf of TSCC.

      Delete
  2. The embossed foil is so pretty! Love the butterflies too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, elegant card! Love that embossing on the foil! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your shiny card, it's so inspiring!
    Lia DT TSOC

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, Karen, and perfect for our challenge at Let's Squash It! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dotty Jo, for commenting on behalf of LSI.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...