Saturday, February 12, 2022

Stampin' Up! Love & Happiness Valentine Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps! How's your weekend stacking up? Are you going to watch the Super Bowl? I'll watch the ads and half time as both of my teams are out of the play. So, for today's card I created a valentine which will go into my Craft Fair Stash.


I used the Love & Happiness Stamp Set for the sentiment on the front of the card and punched it out with the Treasured Tags Pick A Punch. I edged it with my Basic Black Stamp N Write Marker.

 I created a Basic White Thick cardstock base 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4". I embossed a Basic Black mat (5 1/4" x 4") with the Bouquet of Love Hybrid Embossing Folder and placed the heart die from the Bouquet of Love Dies in the center. Next I ran a piece of Basic White cardstock (5" x 3 3/4") through my embossing machine with the BOLHEF without the die. I love this bundle! I used the little heart in the die set to cut out a Real Red heart and embossed it. I adhered it to the black heart with liquid glue and then that to the card front. The sentiment is adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. Three Black Rhinestone Jewels finished the front.

For the inside...


I adhered a panel of Basic Black cardstock that was mis-placed to cover a booboo! Thus, the Real Red hearts from the retired Heart Happiness at the top.

I cut the Real Red heart with a no-name die I have and stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Basic White cardstock. I fussy cut it and adhered it to the red heart.

Fifty-three years ago I sent a valentine to the one I love. We didn't know each other but he was a lonely soldier in Viet Nam. That was the beginning of a love that will continue through eternity. We kept each other's cards and letters from 1969 and I still get them out on Valentine's Day and read them. We used to read them to each other on Valentine's Day. I still chuckle when I read the one that hints of marriage to a person he had never met and only knew through the mail for 3 months! When he arrived home, it was love at first sight and we married after 4 months of dating. Our friends gave the marriage one to five years! HA!!! We had the last laugh. He's been with the Lord for a little over three years but still in my heart and I'm thankful for all the memories we created on this earth.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

 C.R.A.F.T. Challenge #626 - Love/Valentine

Creative Knockouts #439 Love/Valentine

Festive Friday #FF0102 with Red, Romantic Sentiment and Hearts


Thank you for stopping by today and letting me share a little of my life with you. Hold your Valentine close to your heart.



18 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, I love the inside too!

    Thank you for joining us at Creative Knockouts-good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kelly, for commenting on behalf of CK.

      Delete
  2. Cute card Karen! Love the colors that you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Perfect for a guy's Valentine! I might watch some of the Super Bowl commercials but last year's half-time show was so disgusting, I am not sure if I can watch another one. Just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeAnne. I am hoping this year's half-time will NOT be like last year's.

      Delete
  4. Your colour scheme makes for a very elegant Valentine's card Karen - that heart sentiment stamp is one of my all-time favourites. Thanks for playing along over at Festive Friday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne, for commenting on behalf of FFC.

      Delete
  5. I love the classic colors - and that sentiment is fabulous. Wonderful Valentine card. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute valentines, Karen! So glad you play along with us each challenge! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. Blessings, Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! Love the pops of color on the white!! :) And the reverse on the inside is very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card! Thanks for joining us on Festive Friday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've made such a beautiful, elegant card. Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda, for commenting on behalf of CRAFT.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...