Saturday, January 8, 2022

Stampin' Up! Shaded Summer Birthday Card

I have a P.E.O. Sister who just turned 80. I didn't get a card off to her in time because she moved from Florida to Colorado. That was a 50 degree change! So, I felt gold was a warm color and decided to use it on my card. I was also inspired by challenges for my colors, more on that at the end!


My card base is Night of Navy with a mat of Gold Foil. I ran it through my embossing machine with the Bouquet of Love Hybrid Embossing Folder. Taking a piece of Blushing Bride cardstock, I ran that through my machine with the large heart die from the Bouquet of Love Dies and the Embossing Folder. I love Hybrids!

The 80 came from the Playful Alphabet Stamp Set. I adhered an adhesive foam sheet to a 1" x 1" piece of gold foil and cut the 80 out. I took the cut out from the 8 and the cut out of the 0 and turned them into an exclamation point! There's probably one of those in the die set but why do double work! I adhered them to the heart and then the heart to the embossed panel.

Next I stamped the sentiment from the Shaded Summer Stamp Set in Night of Navy ink on a scrap of Blushing Bride cardstock. I cut it out and its Night of Navy filigreed mat with dies from the Ornate Frames. I used liquid glue and dimensionals to adhere the pieces together and to the card front, respectively.

As a finishing touch, I adhered three Brushed Brass Butterflies.

For the inside I stamped the flower from Shaded Summer in Night of Navy ink. The sentiment is stamped in Blushing Bride and it's from the retired SAB Approaching Perfection Stamp Set. I punched the corners with the Detailed Trio Punch.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Cut It Up Challenge #242 Birthday Cards  

TGIF Challenge #tgifc350 Color Challenge


Festive Friday Challenge #FF0100 - I used celebration, numbers, gold, punches.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. How sweet of you to send your friend some warmth. This beautiful card will surely warm her heart.

    Thanks for sharing your Birthday Cards project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Evelyn, for commenting on behalf of Cut it Up!

      Delete
  2. Cute card! Love the addition of the little butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely celebration card for your friend. Thanking you for linking your project to the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful 80th birthday card. Very festive! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie, for commenting on behalf of FF.

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful card, Karen! The embossed gold definitely gives off a warm, elegant vibe. Your friend will appreciate it. Thank you so much for helping us celebrate Festive Friday's 100th Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, your PEO sister is going to love this amazing 80th birthday card! You are such a sweetheart! Thanks for joining us again at Festive Friday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card to celebrate a milestone birthday. The pink, black and gold are such a wonderful color collection. I bet she loved this card! Thank you for playing along with us at our INSPO list at Festive Friday
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow your PEO Sister is a very lucky lady. It is beautiful and I love how you made the product into another type of card. Thank you for joining us in the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...