Friday, December 31, 2021

Stampin' Up! Beauty of Tomorrow Fun Fold Thank You Card

TGIF, peeps, and what better day than Friday for a fun fold. I watched my teammate, Jaimie B., create the fun fold on her FB page. She got it from Jacki's card on LeeAnn Greff's blog! It's really easy so I hope you'll try it if you haven't already. This is a new fun fold for me so I'm entering my card in the Time Out Challenge #204 - "New" Theme.

Most of the product I am using will retire January 3, 2022, so if you would like to purchase anything, just click on the "Shop In My Online Store" tab at the top of my post.

My card base is Blackberry Bliss cardstock, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4". The Basic White mat is 4" x 5 1/4". The Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper  is 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". I adhered all the layers together with liquid glue but not gluing in the center, just along the edges. You'll see why in a sec.

Next I opened the card and layed it out to cut the scalloped circle with the Layering Circle Dies, using my embossing machine. It cut through perfectly with three turns, 3 perfect separate circles because of no glue! With the white layer it cut through, I used another scalloped circle to cut it so it fit perfectly on the Blackberry Bliss circle cut out. I'll save the DSP circle cut out for another card.

I stamped the "Thank You" from the Arctic Bears Stamp Set in VersaMark ink, sprinkled it with gold embossing powder and heat set it. I added three Metallic Gold Pearls.

Then I cut a piece of Basic White cardstock (8" x 5 1/4", scored at 4" and 6"). I made the mountain fold at 6" and the valley fold at 4".

Next I cut the two different patterns from the DSP at 1 3/4" x 5". I cut two gold foil mats at 1 7/8" x 5 1/8". I adhered them with liquid glue and then glued them to the folds.

Using Blackberry Bliss ink, I stamped the sentiments on the main portion of the fun fold. They are from the Beauty of Tomorrow Stamp Set. When I was sure the ink was dry, I adhered the panel to the inside of the card base.

I closed the card back up and put liquid glue on the portion of the DSP that showed in the "window" from the inside panel. Then I placed my sentiment mat/circle in the opening fitting it exactly so it would open properly.

I had some Gold 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon (retiring January 3, 2022 but will reappear in July 2022) so I ran it around the front and tied a bow. Et fini!

I'm also entering my card at Krafty Chicks Challenge #592 Anything GoesCraftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper December 2021, and Creative Creases #22 Anything Goes with a Fun Fold.

This was so much fun to create and I hope you like my card. Thank you for stopping by today and have a great New Year's Eve and Day.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

9 comments:

  1. That's so pretty Karen! Love the fun fold design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I "like" it?? Wow, I LOVE IT! This fun fold looks so much fun to make and the DSP made it super elegant. This paper is one of my all-time favorites! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon. Happy New Year, Karen!!
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty - love the fold and love the paper and...all of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great card, I like this paper and the sentiment is so nice, Thank you for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT/KCC
    Krafty Chicks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Leanne, for commenting on behalf of Krafty Chicks.

      Delete
  5. Such a pretty card, and I really like your color scheme and the fun fold. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...