Saturday, October 9, 2021

Stampin' Up! Whimsical Trees Christmas Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps! Yesterday, I spent the afternoon trying to make a card, rather than going through files, and it was a big fail! It was SO BIG,I can't even tell you about it because you wouldn't even believe it was possible. I had already made the card once before but this time it had another dimension thrown into it. I won't give up though! You'll be the first to know when I succeed! Here's what I did end up making...

I was inspired by my teammate, Akiko Sudano, who created her card on World Card Making Day.

I stamped the tree from the Whimsical Trees Stamp Set in Evening Evergreen on Basic White cardstock and fussy cut it because I don't have the coordinating dies. I embossed a panel of Basic White with the Timeworn Type 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it to a Petal Pink mat. I adhered the layered embossed panel to a Pool Party card base with liquid glue.

I cut a panel of Whimsy and Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper with my trimmer and adhered it to a silver foil mat from the Silver Foil Specialty Pack. I adhered the panel to the card front with liquid glue and adhered the tree to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. I cut a silver foil  star with a die from the Christmas Trimmings Dies and adhered it to the tree top with a glue dot. I decorated the tree with Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

I stamped the "Joy" sentiment from the Whimsical Trees Stamp Set with Evening Evergreen ink on a scrap of Soft Succulent cardstock and made the banner end with the Banners Pick A Punch. I tucked it under the tree, adhering it a glue dot and finished it with another Holiday rhinestone. I made a bow with Evening Evergreen Open Weave 3/8"  Ribbon and adhered it beneath the tree with a glue dot.

For the inside of the card..

I stamped the sentiment from the Whimsical Trees Stamp Set in Evening Evergreen on a panel of Basic White cardstock. I adhered a strip of the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty DSP to the bottom of the Basic White and adhered it to a panel of Petal Pink cardstock. I adhered that panel to the card base.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
I hope I have enough pink showing for the pink challenges. My sister is a breast cancer survivor so October is near and dear to me.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are having a fantastic weekend so far.

Measurements:
Pool Party Card Base  – 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
Petal Pink – 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ (front mat), 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″ (inside mat)
Basic White – 2″ x 3-1/2″ (die cut tree)
Soft Succulent – 1-1/2″ x 3/4″  (sentiment banner)
Basic White – 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″ (embossed panel), 3-3/4″ x 5″ (inside panel)
Silver Foil – 1″ x 1″ (die cut star), 2-7/8″ x 4 3/8″ (DSP mat)
Whimsy & Wonder Specialty DSP – 2-3/4″ x 4-1/4″ (front background),  3-3/4″ x 1/2″ (inside trim)

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love that fund designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Karen. love your choice of that paper with the tree. TFS
    I cannot imagine what was such a big failure but keep working on it! You’ll get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Susan. I might just text you a pic of the fail.

      Delete
  3. That patterned paper caught my eye and I love the beautiful bow around your tree trunk. This is so pretty!

    And I have many card failures!!

    Thanks for sharing your Pink project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Evelyn. It's nice to have company for fails!!

      Delete
  4. Your card is so pretty. The colors are just beautiful and I love that bow on the tree. Thanks for joining our Pink challenge at Cut It Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leslie, for your comment on behalf of Cut It Up.

      Delete
  5. love the presents and fun little tree ... thanks so much for going PINK for the holidays with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stef, for commenting on behalf of Jingle Belles.

      Delete
  6. now that is a cool whimsical tree and the background of pretty pink presents is perfection! thanks so much for joining our Pink fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 565 also for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hazel. You are amazing with the two challenges.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...