Friday, October 8, 2021

Stampin' Up! Whimsical Trees Joy Fold Christmas Card

TGIF, peeps! Whatcha doin' for the weekend? I'm cleaning out file drawers UNLESS I get side tracked by You Tube, Facebook Lives or blog hopping. Somehow card making usurps mundane jobs! I detest paperwork unless it's working with paper, i.e., cardstock and patterned paper! I'm sure you understand!!

Let me show you what I made for today. My teammate, Karen Ksenzakovic, will recognize the fold right away! You can see hers here.


This Joy Fold card is so easy to create. I used Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper, Misty Moonlight cardstock, Mossy Meadow cardstock and Basic White cardstock. Measurements are listed below. My sentiments and images are from the Whimsical Trees Stamp Set. I used Tasteful Labels Dies and Layering Circles Dies for the stamped tree and mat. The embellishments are from the Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels (Night of Navy).

The opened fold...

Measurements

Misty Moonlight: 8 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2" (base) and 8" x 3", scored and folded at 4" (fun fold); scrap for circle mat for tree

Beauty of the Earth DSP:  4" x 5 1/4" (inside); 2 3/4" x 4" (left side front flap)

Mossy Meadow: 2 7/8" x 3 7/8" (2) (front flap mat for sentiment and inside flap mat for sentiment)

Basic White: 2 3/4" x 3 3/4" (2) (front sentiment/image and inside flap); scrap  for die cut tree circle

So, you can either watch TOK's (the other Karen) video for instructions or ask me for directions by leaving a comment with an email address so I can respond.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #441

Creative Creases ATG with fun fold #16

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #562

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October 2021

Thank you for stopping by today and go have yourself a fantastic weekend!

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

22 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love the fun fold design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Great take on the sketch—looks like it was made for a joy fold! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love a good joy fold! And this one is beautiful - love the combo of the stamp set with this pretty paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Folded cards are so much fun, this one came out great!
    Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Patty S, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patty, for commenting on behalf of AHSC.

      Delete
  5. Karen, this ard is beautiful! I love this fun fold and haven't done one is a LONG time! Thanks for the measurements so I don't have to find mine again. Thank you so much for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds! Hope you will come back again soon.
    PS. I am also working on decluttering my house - in the anticipation of a downsize move at some point soon. Have you see the Clutterbug videos? She is great and has lots of good tips! Have "fun"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect creation with the sketch! Wow. I love the blues and greens together for your holiday card as well. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dena, for commenting on behalf of AH.

      Delete
  7. What a creative fold! I love how the card really highlighted the beautiful papers on the card.
    Thanks for playing with us over at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anna, for your comment on behalf of AHSC.

      Delete
  8. What a wonderful card. The fold really highlights the patterned paper.
    Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! that tree in the scalloped circle is so cute! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Brandi, for commenting on behalf of AHSC.

      Delete
  10. What a fun fold card. It's unexpected the way it opens up. The patterned papers are lovely. Great job. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue, for commenting on behalf of AHSC.

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous card, love your pattern papers. Thanks for playing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Allisa, for your comment on behalf of AHSC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...