Friday, October 1, 2021

Stampin' Up! Beauty of Friendship Fun Fold Sympathy Card

 TGIF my peeps! Can you believe it's October?? Where did the summer go? Living in SWFL, I am happy to see summer go and we're one month closer to being out of hurricane weather. 

Are you familiar with Michelle Zindorf? She is quite the artist and card maker. I watched two of her videos and decided to combine the two as an inspiration for my fall card today. 

Unfortunately, I needed another sympathy card. When you live in a 55+ community, it's more than likely a given. We had 5 deaths this week. I knew 4 of the people. I made one for a gentleman whose wife passed. She was a delightful person. We were in the NY/NJ Club together. They were married for over 60 years!


I cut the tree out of thick Basic White cardstock and used the negative part as a stencil, stenciling the tree using light to dark brown inks with my blending brushes. I sponged the cut out tree with Early Espresso ink, also sponging around the edges. The bottom is sponged with varying shades of orange. The sky is sponged with yellow and gray. All products are listed below along with measurements.



I used these products to create my card:

  • Crumb Cake Cardstock
  • Basic White Cardstock
  • Sahara Sand Ink
  • Crumb Cake Ink
  • Smoky Slate Ink
  • Early Espresso Ink
  • So Saffron Ink
  • Pumpkin Pie Ink
  • Cajun Craze Ink

  • Beautiful Trees Dies
  • Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set
  • Beauty of Friendship Stamp Set
  • Vintage Leaves Stamp Set (retired)
  • Gorgeous Grunge Stamp Set (retired)
  • Stampin' Blends - Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie, Cinnamon Cider & Daffodil Delight
  • Blending Brushes

Measurements:

Back: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

Mat on back: 4" x 5 1/4"

Flap: 2 3/4" x 4 3/4", scored at 4 1/4"

Art Panel: 3 1/2" x 4 1/2"

Mat for Art Panel: 3 5/8" x 4 5/8"

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Watercooler Wednesday WW325 Heidi's All Things Masculine




Thanks for stopping by today and have a great weekend.


14 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love the neutral colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card both inside and out! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT{Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I appreciate your comment on behalf of DD.

      Delete
  3. So sorry you need so many sympathy cards, Karen! This one is so special with the fun shape and beautiful tree and leaf! Thanks for sharing with Krafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bonnie, for commenting on behalf of KC.

      Delete
  4. Oh Karen this is just beautiful! LOVE the unique design and the coloring on the front is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Leaves’ challenge and the 'Stencil' challenge over at the Sisterhood of Crafters! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    P.S. Are you familiar with one of our newest challenge blogs called the FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE? Please come check us out and join in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darlene. I didn't know about the Four Seasons Challenge. I'll be playing!

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous and heartfelt card. I'm so glad you linked up to the Double D challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Birgit, for commenting on behalf of DD.

      Delete
  6. Simply beautiful Sympathy card Karen. Love how you use the negative die cut for your stencil. Makes a beautiful shadow. Thanks so much for sharing at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ina, for your comment on behalf of TSOC.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Judy Crafty Gals Corner DT
    Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Judy, for your comment on behalf of CGC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...