Saturday, September 25, 2021

Stampin' Up! Shaded Summer Motivational/Encouraging Card

Good morning, peeps! Hope your Saturday is off to a good start. Mine is because I was able to make a card for five challenges: Time Out Challenge #197 


Creative Knockouts #420 Tic Tac Toe I went straight down the middle. My image is on the inside of my card.


and Inspiration Station Challenge #14 - Bicycling Around the Kitty.


You can see blue, yellow, green, gray, white and black from the photo which inspired me but I have no kitty and no bicycle on my card...only flowers, embossing, an image and a sentiment for the challenges.  But do you know what/who inspired my design? Amy Koenders should know! She is one of my uplines and Amy did a You Tube video yesterday which got me right into my craft room! Thank you, Amy. You can also check out her blog post today at Stamp With Amy K

Here's my card...


My card base is Basic Gray cardstock.  I then dry embossed a piece of Basic Gray with the Ornate Floral 3D EF and adhered that with liquid glue.

I cut a piece of Beautifully Penned DSP (free until 9/30 with a $50 order before s/h) and colored it with Stampin' Blends: Daffodil Delight, Balmy Blue and Old Olive.

Next I die cut the flowers and leaves from the Summer Shadows Dies (free until 9/30 with a $100 order before s/h). I cut the outer part of the flowers out of Basic White cardstock and sponged them with Pacific Point ink and Daffodil Delight ink. The under layer is cut from Basic Black cardstock. The outer leaves are Mossy Meadow cardstock and the under layers are Pear Pizzazz. The flowers are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The sentiment from the Shaded Summer Stamp Set is stamped on Basic White with Versamark Ink and heat embossed with the black emboss powder from the Basics Embossing Powders. I punched it out with the Double Oval Punch and used the scalloped part of the punch for the mat. I adhered it with Dimensionals.

For the inside...


I stamped the image from the Shaded Summer Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with my Blends. The sentiment is from the Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set. I think the sentiment is motivational/encouraging so I'm entering my card in the Alphabet Challenge "M" is for Motivational. I'm also playing again at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September 2021.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

16 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card,love your stamping and sentiment,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the colors that you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, inside and out. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is great to see a black background; the flowers pop so beautifully on them! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gerrina, for commenting on behalf of Time Out.

      Delete
  5. What a really striking card. Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn, for your comment on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  6. Very pretty Card, love the die cuts and the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Inspiration Station and we hope to see more of your projects! Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, for commenting on behalf of TIS.

      Delete
  7. You have picked out the colours from our inspiration piece beautifully and made a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Station, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment on behalf of IS.

      Delete
  8. So marvelously done, Karen! I love how you put the image on the inside. :-D Putting on a DT hat to say how much we appreciate your support of our challenge. Thanks for entering our "Tic Tac Toe" challenge at Creative Knockouts this fortnight and good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie, for commenting on behalf of CK.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...