Friday, September 10, 2021

Stampin' Up! Inspired Thoughts Sympathy Card

TGIF, peeps! It's a Friday Fun Fold day leading you into the weekend. Unfortunately, I needed two sympathy cards this week. Two of my friends lost their husbands and I can so identify with that kind of loss. I know a lot of my readers can as well. Let me show you what I created for one of them. I CASE'd a card made by Wendy Lee.


I'm entering my card in the Alphabet Challenge Blog "L" is for Leaves, at Cut It Up #234 - Fall is in the Air + use die cut and at Creative Creases #14 ATG with a Fun Fold. 

Because Creative Creases is partnering with Double Trouble #92 - Fun Fold, I'm entering my card there as well and playing along with Thing 1 and Thing 2. I hope you have time to visit all these challenges and perhaps even play along!

My card base is Blackberry Bliss cardstock. I cut mats from Rich Razzleberry cardstock and DSP panels from the Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper and Cork Specialty Paper. Measurements are listed below.

The sentiments inside and out are from the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set. They are stamped with Blackberry Bliss ink The leaves are a die cut from the Blackberry Beauty Ephemera  Pack. I snipped part of them off to use on another project. The edges are sponged with Cinnamon Cider ink and are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also used three gold Metallic Pearls to embellish the card.

I think with the outside photo and inside, you'll be able figure out how pieces were adhered. If not, leave me a comment and I'll help you out.

Measurements in inches:

Blackberry Bliss Card Base: 8 1/2 x 4 1/4, scored and folded at 3" on the long side

Rich Razzleberry front flap mat: 2 3/4 x 4

DSP front flap: 2 5/8 x 3 7/8

Rich Razzleberry Inside Flap:  8 3/4 x 1 7/8, scored and folded at 4 3/8

Rich Razzleberry Inside Mat: 5 1/4 x 4

DSP Inside Mat: 5 1/8 x 3 7/8

Blackberry Bliss outer flap mat (under cork piece): 4 1/8 x 1 5/8

Cork piece: 4 x 1 1/2

Basic White: 4 1/8 x 1 5/8 (inside flap)

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you will have a pleasant weekend.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

27 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love the layout and the cork paper with the fall colors is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful sympathy card, calming to the recipient with such pretty design papers. Don't forget we have the Fun Fold cards at Double Trouble and Creative Creases... hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this as a sympathy card. The fun fold is perfect with those papers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear of your friends' losses. The card you created is both elegant and beautiful. I'm sure it will mean a lot to your friend. That cork cardstock is truly amazing. Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at Double Trouble for our "Fun Fold" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, Karen! I just love the fun fold you used and the gorgeous design paper is perfect for it - definitely one of my favorites this year! Thank you for playing with us at the Creative Creases and the Double Trouble Challenge. I hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie, for commenting on behalf of your challenge and DT.

      Delete
  6. A stunning creation - and I'm sorry for the need for it - but it is a lovely card at this difficult time for them. Thank you for sharing and joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynda, for commenting on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  7. Very pretty, Karen. I am sorry for the loss of your friends' husband's.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card!! Love the pretty papers and the fabulous card fold you used!!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gerda, for your comment on behalf of CIU.

      Delete
  9. This is so cute and I love the colors you used!! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble with this fun fold :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely card, Karen! The colors are fabulous (love the DSP) and the fun fold is so elegant. A perfect way to express your sympathy to your friends. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #92.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, Karen - although I'm sorry for the reason you needed it. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Deborah, for commenting on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  12. How sad that two of your friends lost their husbands. This card you made is beautiful and will be cherished. I love the design and the colors are definitely autumn.

    Thanks for sharing your Autumn-themed project with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A stunning sympathy card, I love everything on this card along with it's fold and design. Sad when needed but I am sure this will bring comfort when received. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...