Friday, September 3, 2021

Stampin' Up! Bird Banter Fun Fold Thank You Card

TGIF, peeps! Another weekend is rolling around and, for some, it's a long weekend...just enough time for you to make this fun fold!

I used the retired Bird Banter stamp set to create my card for you today. Actually, it's for a gentleman from my church who helps do things around my house that my son and husband used to do. He is such a blessing, as is his wife who teaches on Wednesday nights. She is on You Tube and I've put a link here if you are interested. Right now she's teaching from Perry's favorite book of the Bible...Nehemiah. Back to my card....that's what you're here for, right? Here's the front...


The middle...

and the inside...


My friends had parakeets for awhile and I thought this was the perfect stamp set to use. Perry and I had parakeets for years. One even laid eggs.

Here's how I created it...
Base Misty Moonlight: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
Soft Sea Foam Mat: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"; adhere to base
Flap with Toucan and Sentiment: 1 1/2" x 5 1/2" strip, score at 1"
Basic White:  7 3/4" x 4", score and fold at 2 3/4"; stamp images, color with Stampin' Blends and stamp sentiment
Adhere folded 1" portion of flap to the back of Basic White piece and adhere that to Soft Sea Foam mat

Misty Moonlight Mat: 4" x 3"
DSP: 3 3/4" x 2 3/4"; stamp "Thank You"; adhere to mat; adhere that to front Basic White flap putting glue only on the left side

  • Cut Soft Sea Foam Scalloped Circle mat with Layering Circle Dies
  • Stamp Toucan on Basic White scrap with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and color with Play-Doh colors listed below (Stampin' Blends!); cut layered circle; adhere to scalloped mat and then adhere to flap
  • Stamp sentiment in Soft Sea Foam on scrap Basic White; cut out with a die from Stitched Rectangle Dies and adhere to right side of flap

I don't know what the name of the fold is. It's just one that our card group did three years ago. I had made a mess of mine but never threw it away. So, I took it apart to figure out how to recreate it. If you have any questions, please ask and I will try to help. 

I am submitting my card to the following challenge sites. I hope you will visit them and play along as well!

2 Crafty Critter Crazies #54 - ATG with a Featured Critter

Make My Monday #156 - More Than One Fold

Creative Creases #14 - ATG with a fun fold 

Double Trouble Paper Challenge #92 - Fun Fold and I'm playing with Things 1, 2 and 3!


Create a Fun Fold



Ooh Can you Smell the Purple, Yellow, Blue, Green and Orange Play-Doh?



Oh, you know I entered the Creative Creases Challenge!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you will have a delightful weekend.


28 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the fun fold design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the birds on your card, Karen. The fold is interesting and fun.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, love that stamp set. Cute card and love the fun fold. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fold - fun card - super cute Toucan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant fold with a gorgeous image,thank you for joining in at MMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great fold, thank you for the instructions! So glad you joined us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, the perfect card for our Double Trouble fun fold challenge!!! Love the birds! Your photos are great, so I think I'll try and make one of these cards. Thanks for the inspiration, and for sharing your card and talents with us at DT!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, for commenting on behalf of DT. I hope you do make one...would love to see it.

      Delete
  8. This is adorable - that sentiment made me giggle. Cute fun fold as well. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyson, for your comment on behalf of DT.

      Delete
  9. Great card. Fun fold and so cute. Thanks for sharing over at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Billie, for commenting on behalf of MMM.

      Delete
  10. Adorable Toucan fun fold and sentiments. Thank you for sharing your tutorial and fun fold with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this fun fold, Karen! I think I still have this stamp set - just loved it when it came out. Thank you for playing with us at the Double Trouble and Creative Creases and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Debbie. I love using my retired sets! Glad I could enter both challenges.

      Delete
  12. Stunning take! Love the crispy look of fun folds card! Thanks for playing along with us at Make My Monday Challenge. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely perfect in every way. What a Super card. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies this week. Good Luck and I’m looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith, for commenting on behalf of 2CCC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...