Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Stampin' Up! All Good Things Belated Birthday Card

Good mid-week morning, peeps! How's your week been so far? 

My card today is a slimline. I think I'm getting to like them a little better. I needed the length for my design which was inspired by Joanne James' sketch at The Paper Players PP560


My card base is Just Jade cardstock with a strip of Expressions in Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper.

I stamped the koi from the retired All The Good Things Stamp Set on scraps of Basic White with Calypso Coral ink and Cajun Craze ink. I punched them out with the Rectangular Postage Stamp Punch and adhered them to Shaded Spruce mats I made with my trimmer. I adhered them to the card with liquid glue.

The sentiment is stamped with Shaded Spruce ink and it's from the retired Well Scripted Stamp Set. To keep fairly true to the sketch I stamped another koi and fussy cut it. I adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the inside...


I stamped the larger koi with Calypso Coral ink and the sentiment from the In Your Words Host Stamp Set with Evening Evergreen ink.

Measurements:

Card Base: 7" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 3 1/2""

DSP Strip: 1" x 8 1/2"

Mats for images: 1 1/2" x 2 1/4"

Scraps of Basic White for images

Inside Panel: 3 1/4" x 8 1/4"

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. Oh - this is really pretty, Karen! Love those koi fish!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Karen! Love that designer paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stretched design to make it slimline is perfect to be able to use the postage punch! I love the rich colors with the pop of gold! Love seeing that sentiment still being used too! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amanda, for commenting on behalf of TPP.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty, Karen. I love your colors. Perfect as a slimline card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Karen! It's perfect as a slimline card for sure! This paper, with its gold, is stunning, and looks great with the koi. Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann, for commenting on behalf of the Paper Players.

      Delete
  6. Karen those koi are so eye-catching and I love the way their positioning draws the eyes to the sentiment too. The dark green background and DSP border also looks fabulous. A great slimline card! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Joanne, for such a nice comment on behalf of TPP.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...