Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Stampin' Up! Whimsical Trees Christmas Card

Happy Tuesday, peeps! My card today was made for the Paper Players Challenge PP555 - Sketch from Laurie. With permission, I CASE'd Ann Schach's beautiful card. She is a member of the Design Team and I hope I did her proud.


If you click on the blue link above, you'll be able to view her card, along with the other DT's and participants in the challenge or you can click on the sketch.

My card is different from Ann's in that I used a different pattern from the Whimsy & Wonder Specialty Designer Series Paper for the card front, Champagne Foil (retired) for the mat behind the DSP, Champagne Foil for the piece behind the Wonderful Snowflake, Checks & Dots embossing folder for that foil and I sponged the "Joy" banner from the Whimsical Trees. I also did not add the holly or sequins. I colored three Pearl Basic Jewels with my Dark Mint Macaron Stampin' Blends and adhered them. I really wanted to totally copy Ann's card but then I wouldn't have been able to enter it in the challenge!

I'm also entering my card at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #556 with the optional theme of "for a lady or a girl" and Christmas Craft Creations: August Challenge - Non-Traditional Colours

I do hope you have time to stop by the challenges today and I thank you for stopping here!


Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

19 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! The colors are perfect, love the foil touches too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Karen! You definitely made me proud! I love how you used the holly paper for the background panel. The Mint Macaron pearls are a wonderful accent. It was fun seeing the changes you made! I am so glad you joined as at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann. It was a delight to make and enter at TPP.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I loved Ann’s card too and you’ve done it justice very well! Love your colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, Karen and great job on the CASE. The foil accent in the middle is so pretty.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous non traditional coloured card Karen. Love the use of foil here. Thanks for sharing with us at Christmas Craft Creations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ina, for your comment on behalf of CCC.

      Delete
  6. How clever to make the subtle change from traditional green to mint. It works well and your card is lovely. Thanks for playing along with Christmas Craft Creations. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steph, for commenting on behalf of CCC.

      Delete
  7. Those papers with the foil layer are beautiful! Such a gorgeous Christmas creation! So happy you used our sketch this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of two challenges! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done, Karen. This is one Suite that shines! I love how you complemented the sketch this week. Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie, for commenting on behalf of the Paper Players.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...