Saturday, August 7, 2021

Stampin' Up! Snow Wonder Christmas Card

Good Saturday morning! As I mentioned yesterday, Thursday was our card group gathering. We made 4 cards and this is one of them.


This kit was brought by Meg. She already had the Crumb Cake panel cut and dry embossed, as well as the Plaid Tidings DSP. The Shaded Spruce/Gold 3/8" Striped Ribbon retired in 2020. We used the Snow Wonder Stamp Set for the snowperson, greeting and the wreath inside. This is such a cute set!

My card base is Cherry Cobbler. I adhered the two pre-cut panels to a piece of Basic White cardstock and then wrapped a piece of ribbon around the center and secured it to the back of the mat. Then I adhered that to the card front. We stamped the snowperson and the sentiment on scrap white and cut them out with the Snow Time Dies. I colored its scarf and hat with a Light Shaded Spruce Stampin' Blends, the holly with Dark Shaded Spruce and the berries with Light Cherry Cobbler. The carrot nose is colored with a Pumpkin Pie Stampin' Write Marker. Meg already had the Cherry Cobbler die cut oval prepared for us. So, I just adhered it over the ribbon, attached the snowperson with Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered the greeting with liquid glue. I believe this is a CASE of Shelly Godby.

For my inside, I stamped the wreath in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Light and Dark Shaded Spruce and Light Cherry Cobbler Blends. I stamped the sentiment from the Happy Holly Day Stamp Set (in the new July-Dec. mini catalog) in Cherry Cobbler. I added a strip of Plaid Tidings DSP to the bottom.

I love this card and I hope you like it too. I would be remiss not to enter my card in Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper December 2021 Challenge and Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #554. Jingle Belles has a Red & Green All Over challenge so I'm playing there also. 

Have you ever visited Darnell's NBUS Challenge Site? It's so much fun. You need to use Never Before Used Schtuff for your project. For Challenge #29, I have never used the Happy Holly Day Stamp Set before. I've never used Snow Wonder either, but that doesn't belong to me so it's not eligible...at least I don't think so. If you have time, take a peak!

I found a new Christmas Challenge...The 12 Months of Christmas. It looks like a fun site. I'm entering their Challenge #80 with the optional twist of warm winter wear. We all need scarves and hats in the winter...but not in Florida! Hope that doesn't disqualify me...lol.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are having a great weekend so far.


18 comments:

  1. love that plaid ... so very glad you shared your red & green with us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stef, for stopping by and commenting for JB.

      Delete
  2. So pretty Karen! The colors are perfect for the holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it - and you know these are my fave Christmas colors!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Karen :) That is my absolute favorite snowman and I'm so happy he's back Perfect colors. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card and that handsome snowman is the perfect star of the show! so happy you could join our red and green fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren, for commenting on behalf of JB.

      Delete
  6. Lovely card Karen. The snowman looks nice and snug in his knitted hat and scarf. Thank you for entering the Warm Winter Wear Challenge at 12 Months of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your snowman Christmas design, Karen, both outside and in! It has texture and dimension and it's beautifully composed. Thank you for the shoutout and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! (And anything never before used by you qualifies, even if it's borrowed!) Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Darnell, and it's good to know I can play with borrowed schtuff!

      Delete
  8. I love this card, Karen! The plaid paper is lovely and the oval die cut sets your snowman off so well. Thank you for sharing him with us at Crafty Chefs.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Monica. It's great to see Blogger finally smiled upon you!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan, for commenting on behalf of 12 months.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...