Sunday, August 8, 2021

Stampin' Up! Merriest Moments Christmas Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps! Are you tired of seeing Christmas cards? Well, I have one more for today and then tomorrow I'll give you a break!

My card base is Thick Very Vanilla 8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4". I cut a panel 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" of Very Vanilla and ran it through my embossing machine using the retired Winter Snow Embossing Folder. SU has a current snowflake 3D EF. Check it out by clicking on the blue link. I adhered the panel to the card front with Stamp N Seal Plus.

I cut a mat of Basic Black, 1 3/4" x 5", and a 1 1/2" x 4 3/4" piece of DSP from the Peaceful Prints 12" x 12" Series. That is free from the SAB 2021 brochure for a $50 order before s/h . You can click on my catalogs tab if you'd like to view it or view the supplies below. I adhered that to the card front with Stamp N Seal.

Next I stamped the sentiment from the Merriest Moments Stamp Set (first time using this from the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog) with Garden Green ink on a Very Vanilla scrap. I punched it out with the Label Me Lovely Punch. Then I cut out another label in Basic Black, cut it in half and glued it to the back of the sentiment so that I would have a slight border. I adhered that to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. Three matte black dots finished the front.

Now for the inside, called an accordion fold by many stampers...


The accordion fold is another pattern from the Peaceful Prints series. It measures 10" x 5 1/4" and is scored at 2", 3", 4", 5", 6", 7" and 8". Then you do the valley, mountain, valley, mountain, valley, mountain fold and adhere the two 2" portions to the card base.

With the Stockings Dies, I cut three stockings from the Sweet Stockings DSP and adhered them with Glue Dots. This is the first time I have used these products too.

I cut another black mat and Very Vanilla panel (same measurements as front) and stamped the "JOY" from Merriest Moments in Garden Green ink three times without re-inking.

This is how it looks from above...


I hope you enjoyed my card. I certainly enjoyed creating it! I'm entering it in (you guessed it) Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August 2021, Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #554, and NBUS #29.

Thank you for stopping by today and tomorrow will be more M & M's for you!

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

6 comments:

  1. Pretty card Karen! Love the embossing and the little trees on that designer paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, amazing card! I like interior decorations. Thank you for playing in CHNC! Martina - DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martina, for commenting on behalf of CHNC.

      Delete
  3. Love this fold! And the pretty color combo and embossed card front! Very pretty! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Get Well

Good mid-week morning, peeps! My card today was inspired by my upline and friend, Mary Deatherage. Here's her "how to" . I str...