Friday, August 6, 2021

Stampin' Up! Turtle Friends Give it a Whirl

TGIF peeps! Our Thursday group gathered together yesterday and one of the gals became a grandmother again and left the baby to come make cards! Tomorrow I'll show you one of the cards we made but today is a card I made for Grandma & Grandpa. They have a little boy named Roy! He was taken by C-section cuz he was a bruiser!

So, y'all who follow me know I'm enamored with the Give it a Whirl Dies, right?! I chose my colors because of the challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments #369.



and here is what I created...


Using the Turtle Friends Stamp Set and the Give it a Whirl Dies, the front was easy to make. I'm also entering my card in the Crafty Animals Challenge #53 and 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #53. 2CCC is partnering with Double Trouble #90 Are You Kitten Me? so I'm playing with Thing 1, Thing 3 and Thing 2!
I do think the Shell-ebrate is a cute pun, don't you?
Optional Twist: Include "Pun Sentiment" and partner with 2CraftyCritterCrazies\

They also have a "Mew and Your Paw-some Pet" Special Random Draw so I'm entering Lord Chesterfield (Chester for short) et moi in the competition. Chester was named by my late son after his and my late husband's favorite beer made by Yuengling. Chester loves to give kisses but will not let me hold him. I've also included a photo of how he likes to help in the craft room! He is quite the charmer and a handsome Tuxedo cat.


My card base is Thick Basic White. I cut a mat of Cinnamon Cider cardstock and adhered it to the base with liquid glue. I actually had it cut out already on my desk from the Pattern Party DSP. I have no recollection of cutting it so it must have been awhile ago. In any event, it's Old Olive with a floral pattern. Thus, I am entering my card at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August 2021 Challenge

I forgot to take pics of the revolving wheel, but it contained two turtles looking at each other! I didn't put the arrow on to show how to spin it because the recipient already had made a card with me using the Give it a Whirl dies. I used a die from the Ornate Frames Dies to cut my sentiment. The sentiment is from the All for Baby Stamp Set and it's stamped in Rich Razzleberry.

For the inside, I used stamps from the retired Treasures of Life Stamp Set.


Thank you for stopping by today and I'd love to see you come back tomorrow! Remember I'm looking to get to 100 followers by the end of the year. There may be a prize in store for someone who is chosen randomly once I reach 100.

19 Understand this, my beloved brothers and sisters. Let everyone be quick to hear [be a careful, thoughtful listener], slow to speak [a speaker of carefully chosen words and], slow to anger [patient, reflective, forgiving]; 20 for the [resentful, deep-seated] anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God [that standard of behavior which He requires from us].
James 1: 19-20 Amplified Bible


23 comments:

  1. This is super cute! I am sure the recipient will love it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the whirly sentiment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! And congrats to the new grandma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card - our colours look lovely here - thanks for playing along with us at HSS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Fiona, for commenting on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  5. Awww, what a sweet set to use for a card for the new grandparents! I love it! The colors of our challenge are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jenny, for commenting on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  6. Awwh! Grandma and Grandpa will love your card. Great idea to use the 'Give it a Whirl' dies to make this a fun card. Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Genny, for leaving a comment on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  7. Karen, adorable card and fun pun. Don't forget to share your card with us at Double Trouble, partners to 2CCC for this challenge. We also have a special random draw for "Mew (You) and My Paw-some Pet" see detail on our Blog challenge post. https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2021/08/challenge-90-are-you-kitten-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. You are always so helpful in getting me to play where I have missed or thought my card didn't fit the challenge. I've entered both #90 and the random draw! You're the best!!

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you entered your card with us... and of course Shell-abrate is a fun pun. Thank you also for introducing us to Chester and his scrapbook enthusiasm.

      Delete
  8. What a terrific card - love the turtle and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the turtle card, perfect pun used! And looks like someone has taken over your work place! Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie. I could fill a page with pictures showing how he "helps" in the craft room...lol.

      Delete
  10. Thank you for sharing with us at The Double Trouble Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun card. Thank you for sharing your creation at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Beckie x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...