Saturday, August 14, 2021

Stampin' Up! Peaceful Prints Christmas Card

My card for you today is a CASE of Rachel Coon's, which she posted 8/11/21. A new friend and made it together. I used Real Red cardstock for my base and different patterns from the Peaceful Prints Designer Series Paper. The sparkly deer is from the Be Dazzling Specialty Papers. Both these papers are part of the July - December Sale-A-Bration promotion. Measurements are 5 1/4" x 3" and 5 1/4" x 1 1/2". When I re-create it, I will change the measurements to 5 1/4" x 2 3/4" and 5 1/4" x 1 3/4".

I glued the two pieces of patterned paper together with liquid glue so that it formed a 5 1/4" x 4" piece. I cut a 6" piece of Real Red 3/8" Double Stitched Satin Ribbon and wrapped it around the DSP piece, securing it on the back with tape and hiding the front seam. I cut another piece 3" long and tied a faux bow. With that done, I adhered the panel to the card front.

I used the Deer Builder Punch to punch out the deer on the left and the center deer. Punching through the sparkly paper is not easy, just sayin'!  To get the deer on the right to be a mirror image, there are two methods. One is Rachel's way of holding the paper up to a light and tracing. Jackie Bultje does it with a piece of acetate. I used Rachel's way and held the paper up on a sunny window. I tried Jackie's method with punching acetate. She has a 4 minute video on this. This is a good method if you don't have light behind the paper. The checkered deer are adhered with liquid glue and the sparkly is on Dimensionals.

The Sharing the Joy sentiment is from the retired Ready for Christmas Stamp Set. It's stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a scrap of Basic White and cut down to size with snipped banner ends. I adhered it to the ribbon with Dimensionals.

The inside sentiment is from the retired Timeless Tidings Stamp Set that I had cut in half a few years ago when we were in upstate New York. I stamped the image (2nd generation) with a retired stamp from the Merry Patterns Stamp Set.

I'm playing today at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August 2021, Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #555. Since this is the first time I have used the paper and punch, I'm entering my card at NBUS #29 (Never Before Used Schtuff!).

I really need to stop making Christmas cards because I found 30 I had made last year and had forgotten about! But once you get started, it's difficult to stop with only 134 days left for the wonderful occasion!

I'll be eagerly awaiting "Fred" to pass SWFL by today. I had hoped to go to Sarasota National Park and take myself to lunch, but I think I'll just hunker down and make card kits for this coming Thursday's card group gathering. 

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are having a fun weekend. 

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute card Karen! Love the sparkly deer. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amy...but that's the last sparkly deer you'll see from me with arthritic hands!

      Delete
  2. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Get Well

Good mid-week morning, peeps! My card today was inspired by my upline and friend, Mary Deatherage. Here's her "how to" . I str...