Monday, August 9, 2021

Stampin' Up! Celebrate Sunflowers Birthday Card

Yeppers, it's Monday Morning Makeover Madness again. It's a makeover of this one. 

The colors are the same, the Designer Paper Series is the same but there are several differences. See if you can spot them?

Yes, the embellishments are different. Yes, I used Designer Series Paper on the curtains instead of using an embossing folder. Yes, I made it as another prototype because my first one was made almost two weeks ago and I wanted to see if I could recreate it from memory. FAIL!! For tomorrow's card, I followed the instructions!

Let me tell you why it was a fail. I punched the side pulls on the frame as well as the sliding curtains. The latter was a "no no"! The recipient won't know how to open the curtains unless they are familiar with this fold. OR if they are just "in the know". The other possibility is that they are just smarter than me. That is a BIG possibility!! But not having "handles" on it is not a big deal, right? Right! BUT the next fail IS a big deal in my opinion. Let me show you...


You see what happened on the inside? I had the top sentiment stamp too high. Ugh!! So, the recipient will just have to look at the card laying down...the card, not the recipient (smile)...

Why do I share my failures with you? So you do not make the same mistakes if you make it and to learn a lesson...I cannot trust a two-week old memory! I love the DSP from the Beauty of the Earth Series though and the Merry Merlot color. And, who doesn't love sunflowers and fall? I do hope that you know you are loved, especially when you leave comments...even on a fail (smile).

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Crafting Happiness #108 ATG

Pammie's Inky Pinkies #2132 - ATG

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August 2021

Use Your Stuff #428 Inspired by Real Life (it's a theater/stage fold and my grandson is an actor and has performed in many plays) 

Tic Tac Toe Challenge - #125 Designed by Claire (diagonal top left to bottom right, the texture is subtle...it's the stitching around the rectangle!)


Have a blessed day and come back tomorrow. Why?  It's our fun monthly Amy's Inkin' Krew Blog Hop! 



12 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! Love those fall colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Karen :) Love your fun fold. Beautiful coloring on your sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I love that fun fold design, it's absolutely beautiful with the dsp and but sunflower! And while you did things you would change in a redo, it's still a fabulous prototype! So glad you joined us at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stef, for commenting on behalf of TTTC.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! Love the autumn colors. Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...