Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Stampin' Up! Sympathy Card

Good Tuesday morning, peeps! Unfortunately, I had to make a sympathy card for a friend who just lost her mother last week. She received a bouquet of red roses from friends and posted the picture on FB. I had already made her card and was so happy to see that they kind of matched.


I used the stamps from the February 2021 Paper Pumpkin Kit "Bouquet of Hope" to  create my card. My inspiration came from Rachel Coon. 


My card base is Cherry Cobbler, with a mat of retired SAB Flower & Field DSP. I used the Stitched Rectangle Dies to cut my DSP and art piece. The ribbon is retired as well. 

I stamped the image from the kit on a panel of Basic White using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the flowers and leaves with my Light and Dark Cherry Cobbler Blends, Light and Dark Daffodil Delight Blends, and Light and Dark Old Olive Blends. I punched a jar from vellum using the Jar Punch.

I kept the inside very simple by only stamping the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler on a piece of Basic White cardstock and adhering a strip of the DSP.


I love the sentiment from the Paper Pumpkin kit. I matted it on a piece of Basic Black cardstock.


Thank you for stopping by today and let's hope and pray Elsa does not bring rain into my craft room and leaves my baby mockingbirds alone!

The birds of the sky nest by the waters; they sing among the branches. Psalm 104:12


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Karen, love those sweet birds too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mama mockingbird will make Elsa very unhappy if she tries, I'm thinking! But I hope it never even becomes a thing! Pretty card - so sorry that you needed it! Very nice sentiment on the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pretty colors that will match her roses and brighten her day. I hate I missed that PP for that nice sentiment. Praying Elsa misses you or that she moves too quickly to do much damage, especially not to the baby birds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. It's been fairly calm and I am grateful for that.

      Delete
  4. Pretty card! Stay safe Neighbor. They have downgraded us to tropical storm so hopefully it won't be that bad. It's my first hurricane. :O I pray for no rain for your craft room. That would be horrible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. I hope you have your boat safely moored. This storm is nothing like what we have had in the past so I'm glad it's like that for your first. Charlie, Wilma and Irma were the worst for us.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2417 Theme Challenge

Here is what I created for our theme challenge today... This is the inspiration for our theme... Our sponsor for this week's challenge i...