Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Stampin' Up! Watercolor Shapes Birthday Card

Good morning, peeps! It's Watercolor Wednesday!! I used the Watercolor Shapes Stamp Set and Iconic Dies to create my birthday card. 


My card base is retired Purple Posy cardstock (4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2").  I had no idea SU would be coming out with another purple (Fresh Freesia) for the 2020-2022 In Color cardstock so I had stocked up on Purple Posy! The hue is a little different and it's still my beloved purple!

I inked up my Watercolor Shapes with Fresh Freesia ink and made a collage on a panel of Basic White (3 3/4" x 5"). When I was happy with what I had formed, I cut out the bird with one of the Iconic Dies and adhered it with liquid glue. 

I stamped “Just a little reminder” from A Wish for Everything Stamp Set and "Happy Birthday" from the Artistically Inked Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.. I adhered the art panel to a Basic Black mat (3 7/8" x 5 1/8") and wrapped a piece of Black Baker's Twine around it, adhering it to the card base. In hindsight, I wish I had given the art panel a little texture with an embossing folder. Oh, well, the recipient (who is a bird watcher) did not complain! All the sentiments I used pertain to her!!

For the inside, I stamped "You are an inspiration" from the Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set in Tuxedo Black. "the world needs more of you" is from the Free as a Bird Stamp Set and is stamped in Fresh Freesia. The flower is cut from Basic Black cardstock using the Iconic Dies set and given a brush of Wink of Stella.


I'm entering my card in The Sisterhood of Crafter: Anything Goes. This is my third card for this challenge. They have a limit of three entries so I can't play again until August! If you have a chance, stop by their site. The Design Team has created some lovely cards and there are some really interesting entries...one of which I just might need to CASE!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.


6 comments:

  1. Love those blocks of color as the base for that sweet bird. Cute card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous design Karen! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! Love the bird silhouetted against the pretty watercolor blocks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card! Thanks for linking up with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...